Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > Technical > Do It Yourself, Boating on a Budget
Chrome Shop Chicago/Western Suburbs?? >

Chrome Shop Chicago/Western Suburbs??

Notices

Chrome Shop Chicago/Western Suburbs??

Old 06-18-2015, 06:35 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Chrome Shop Chicago/Western Suburbs??

Looking to have a few things plated and polished. Anyone know of any good shops that are resonable and have a descent turn around? Thanks
Old 06-19-2015, 08:14 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I've had good luck with A&R plating, they are right by Midway airport. There stuff comes out nice, but I'd say its a 9 out of 10, if you are looking for perfection, they may not be the place for you. For polishing, King polishing in Indianapolis is worth shipping to, pieces come back PERFECT.

A & R Plating
6528 S Lavergne Ave Chicago, IL 60638
(708) 728-1005

Abe there is a good guy.

He did all the chrome on my wagon

http://Gkingpolishing.com/

Greg will set you up right.

Teak/Aluminum step pads for my Magnum:

Throttle sticks:

20 year old Hynautic steering parts:
Old 06-20-2015, 08:53 AM
Registered

Received 4,349 Likes on 1,244 Posts

I~ve used a few places for polishing but if you`re looking for chrome plating there`s a place in Addison I took my tabs to. Decided not to re-chrome being they sit in water but they did a nice job stripping the old plating off and polishing them. Price was right but they did take some time.. They are busy.

http://courtesymetalpolishing.com/

Old 06-20-2015, 09:08 AM
Registered

Received 690 Likes on 276 Posts

As far as chrome plating,you may find it morecost effective to buy new then to have have something replated, I was quoted 600 last year to plate a K throttle and shifter for a single.
Old 06-22-2015, 09:01 AM
Registered

Received 121 Likes on 39 Posts

Try Al's Polishing shop in Ohio. Been using them for years. They are very old school. They will do your work and then send you a bill in the box your parts return in. That's confidence.
Old 06-22-2015, 11:21 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks guys, I have used Courtesy before and they did a nice job but he told me it would be at least 8 weeks! I had someone else that told me to stay away from the guy by Midway airport as he had a bad experience with him. I really don't want to ship my stuff either so I will keep looking.
Old 06-22-2015, 12:24 PM
Registered

Received 690 Likes on 276 Posts

I have heard good things aboiut Al's as mentioned, they are local to me and Iwas refered by a friend who owns an industrial plating company (they dont do show chrome) Als quoted me $600 to do a K throttle and shifter for a single (same style as the one above) I was in shock.....
Old 06-22-2015, 05:20 PM
Registered

I paid 150 for the twin setup polishing, turnaround was 5 days total from the day I shipped it. I have used A&R for chrome ever since the bumper shop on Bubbly Creek in Bridgeport closed. The one Time I had problems with his work was on Pot Metal trim for a 58 Chevy Pickup truck, as it started to bubble, he redid the piece 3 times at no charge until it was right. His stuff is not 10 out of 10, but it looks great once installed. The Bumpers he did for me 9 years ago still look like the day I picked them up.
Old 06-22-2015, 05:21 PM
Registered

I don't know if he still does but Greg King used to meet me at Balmoral park in Crete to pick up/drop off parts, his Wife/Girlfriend used to work with the race horses there.
Old 06-22-2015, 07:55 PM
Registered

Received 4,349 Likes on 1,244 Posts

I have a buddy who does it too.. Mirror look in Naperville , he only does polishing thou. 2 weeks out (for me anyway) I called last week about my tails.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.