Notices

Sea Pump Bracket

Old 07-10-2016, 10:42 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Sea Pump Bracket

I have custom engines using Merc sea pumps that use the old style bracket that clamps around the snout of the pump. Does anyone know if the bracket in the picture is a direct replacement and will put the pump in the same place. I'm concerned about belt alignment if I switch over.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]557104[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails Sea Pump Bracket-%24_35.jpg  
Old 03-09-2017, 06:19 AM
Registered

Also wondering if there will be a fuel pump clearance issue. Anyone ever swap out the old clamp style to something else? I'm also considering the fixed position pump with idler adjustment and would like any input on that as well.
Old 03-09-2017, 01:00 PM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

The trs drive app often used the clamp , a popular upgrade was the jabso brass pump with aftermarket brackets and a holley electric mounted close to the tank. Helps with vapor lock too ,
I do believe the jabsco will mount to the clamp style but you still have to convert to electric ,otherwise the gen 5 cast iron bracket bravo carb app with the pulley underneath to set tension is a retrofit ,but those have issues too
Old 03-09-2017, 07:52 PM
Registered

Issues?