Resurrection of EFI for Everyone >

Resurrection of EFI for Everyone

Notices

Resurrection of EFI for Everyone

Old 09-26-2016, 06:36 PM
Registered

Received 23 Likes on 17 Posts
Default Resurrection of EFI for Everyone

Its been several years since Haxby started the EFI Thread , Thought I'd see if there is anything new out there that
we dont know about. Has Holley kept pace with their products? Has FAST gotten on the ball yet and modernized their interface ?
Any new products that you guys have started using that you really like? What are you all using and your Opinions.
Old 09-26-2016, 09:33 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

After reviewing several systems I ended up going with the Holley HP system.It was a nice easy install and offers many features I plan to take advantage of. I'm in the middle of changing out all my gauges and using the Holley (can) gauges. I'm still working on my project so I don't have any tuning / running info to share at this time. I purchased the system through Alex and he was very helpful getting me everything I needed.
Old 09-27-2016, 07:42 AM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I run Holley HP in my twin turbo LS in my boat, I have never used something so easy that just flat out worked. The hardest part for me was getting the idle set right so it would stay running when put in gear which maybe took me a told of 8hrs, it was enjoyable work thou, it was time just sitting on the boat listen to it idle kicking it in and out of gear, changing a few numbers and trying it again. All in all I think I have about 10-12hrs of told tune time.

Mike
Old 09-27-2016, 01:48 PM
Registered

I run the Holley EFI via alex, great system. And yes Holley is very involved in the growth of the product, I run the holley DASH as well. They are continually expanding their line of Gauges, almost to the point of having enough for a marine set up (and all run thru the ECU for perfect accuracy). My only beef with the gauges is similar to other manufacturers as well, they are designed for the car crowd. So speedo's that are 0-160, water temp that starts at 120, etc.

Old 09-27-2016, 02:46 PM
Registered

Received 143 Likes on 95 Posts

I had high enough hopes for the FITech system, but it was back ordered and after more thought just cancelled the purchase. It may still work great, but the fact that you can't lock in a tune and they void the warrantee for marine use made it a no go for me.
Old 09-27-2016, 08:11 PM
Registered

Received 23 Likes on 17 Posts

Keep the Info coming guys , I was also looking at the Fitech but didnt go that route either . The holley is looking to be the pick , but I would like to have a few more options .
Thanks for the Replies.
Old 09-28-2016, 07:14 AM
Registered

Received 12 Likes on 3 Posts

Four seasons strong now with the Holley HP in my boat. I converted an 8 stack individual runner intake to EFI. Holley is continually updating/expanding capabilities. The software is where the Holley system really shines - very easy to use. Downside with any of these systems will be the O2 sensor and keeping them alive in the wet environment. With the Holley, not sure about the others, you can turn off and run w/o the O2 after you get the motor well tuned (sort of defeats the purpose of EFI to a small extent though). I would be curious to learn how Merc/others have solved this since I think their new motors come with O2 sensors(?).

I've also used the Electromotive TEC-s system on quite a few division II midget race cars. System works well enough, but the software is no where near as friendly as the Holley and generally it's not very plug-and-play; you have to head to the dyno to tune. I also put a Holley HP on a D2, did not go to the dyno - just let it self tune on the track and we were competitive right out of the box. I've not used, but have heard good things about the AEM system so maybe it's worth a look too.
Old 09-28-2016, 08:27 AM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Baja Rooster
I had high enough hopes for the FITech system, but it was back ordered and after more thought just cancelled the purchase. It may still work great, but the fact that you can't lock in a tune and they void the warrantee for marine use made it a no go for me.
One really BIG issue with Fitech is you cant run it with out a 02 sensor, and I don't care what kind of exhaust you have over time you will destroy a 02 sensor then your SOL. Atleast with Holley you can use there Learn feature and turn it off then it just runs in Open Loop that's what I did and its run better then any carb motor I have been around, from 45 up to 100 degrees
Old 09-28-2016, 08:54 AM
Registered

I have been running the Holley Hp for 3 seasons now. Purchased thru Haxby as well. I am very happy with it.
Old 09-28-2016, 09:01 AM
Registered

Received 690 Likes on 276 Posts

I was really hoping they were going to come out with a marine fitech

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.