got a new boat, winterizing ?'s 525efi's >

got a new boat, winterizing ?'s 525efi's

Notices

got a new boat, winterizing ?'s 525efi's

Old 09-18-2018, 05:45 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question got a new boat, winterizing ?'s 525efi's

I got "04 525efi's. not seeing any drains on them. I do have a flush system on it. Can I just hook up a small pump to the flush system, start motor and run 5-6 gallons on pink stuff through and be good? I have seen some people say to bring it up to temp to open the thermostat but why does it matter if it is a closed cooling system? also can I just pull the fuel water separator filters dump some out and fill with 2 stoke oil like I always have on my old motors? thank for the help in advance!
Old 09-18-2018, 08:25 PM
Registered

Received 157 Likes on 70 Posts

No block drains because it's closed cooled and uses anti freeze. Should be blue drain plugs on headers, fuel cooler, oil and power steering cooler. Drain water and pump the pink stuff through and should be good. Treat the fuel and also should re drain the headers when done.
Old 09-18-2018, 08:54 PM
BUP
Banned

Received 41 Likes on 35 Posts

added info on top of ---- you have to drain all the water sides of the heat exchanger and any oil cooler(s) and pwr steering coolers or if they are combo set up . You will have a cool fuel system that needs to be drained as well. AND NEVER leave any type of liquid in any of the exhaust manifolds ///// Manifold riser combos. The complete fuel system needs to be winterized and so does your gas tank.