Mercuiser cool fuel filters >

Mercuiser cool fuel filters

Notices

Mercuiser cool fuel filters

Old 10-22-2018, 05:30 PM
Registered

Received 97 Likes on 50 Posts
Thumbs up Mercuiser cool fuel filters

Ok Im sure this has been ask a bunch. I did a search and couldn't find and recent posts. Looking for replace both the filters the paper one and the white plastic one. Man these things are expensive. So where is my cheapest place to get them ?
Old 10-22-2018, 05:39 PM
BUP
Banned

Received 41 Likes on 35 Posts

your not going to find them period and they are app specific to Merc. And the micron ratings needs to be exact. Especially for the white disc filter. Merc dealer or I have these on hand all the time in the dozens because they need to be changed once per year bare min especially at the start of boating season. . How many pairs do you need ? The more needed -- the price goes down if you want to save.
Old 10-22-2018, 05:51 PM
Registered

Received 97 Likes on 50 Posts

2 pairs. If I get more I will just put in safe place and will never be able to find later.
Old 10-22-2018, 06:28 PM
Registered

Received 471 Likes on 367 Posts

I'll assume your talking about Gen 3 cool fuel (did not say)

Not part of your question but I have a hard time understanding why folks stay with the Gen 3 and just get rid of it and even go back to gen 2 with standard water separation filter, or go after market
Old 10-22-2018, 06:34 PM
BUP
Banned

the gen 3 cool fuel uses a different ECM tune and it all has to due with FUEL PRESSURE DAMPING thats just one of the reasons among a few more
Old 10-22-2018, 06:43 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by BUP
the gen 3 cool fuel uses a different ECM tune and it all has to due with FUEL PRESSURE DAMPING thats just one of the reasons among a few more
I look forward to seeing the data
Manual 31 = 46 psi @ 1800 rpm
Manual 32 = 46 psi @ 1800 rpm
Manual 40 (cool fuel Gen 3) = If fuel pressure exceeds 44 psi (303 kPa), replace the fuel pressure regulator.
Old 10-22-2018, 06:56 PM
BUP
Banned

fuel pressure psi and fuel DAMPING -- is 2 TOTALLY different things --- Damping the injectors pulsations and damping the psi pulsations and any spikes. They are not even close the same thing. I am teaching you something here run with it and teaching all something if they did not already know this . Like I would not know what I am talking about. Anyways anymore questions ?
Old 10-22-2018, 07:19 PM
BUP
Banned

different fuel set ups and even different types of fuel LINES have different damping effects - the GEN 3 box has its effects as well plus keeps the fuel pumps basically cooler because they are submerged in FUEL all the time.

Submerging the fuel pumps in fuel all the time reduces VAPOR lock, reduces heat - reduces wear of the pumps themselves, reduces air and cavitation of the fuel pumps - plus the fuel pumps always stay primed of fuel - that alone adds to longevity to the fuel pumps --- if the fuel system is maintained properly all the time.

Also its easier to maintain fuel pressure when the fuel pumps are submerged in fuel. Again less cavitation and air entering until one runs very low on fuel level.

Do I like the gen 3 cool fuel --- NO I DO NOT --- very poor design and not worth the money but its a stock app and what comes with the merc engineered design including the ECM / PCM OEM locked tune.

Last edited by BUP; 10-22-2018 at 07:22 PM.
Old 10-22-2018, 07:26 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by BUP
fuel pressure psi and fuel DAMPING -- is 2 TOTALLY different things --- Damping the injectors pulsations and damping the psi pulsations and any spikes. They are not even close the same thing. I am teaching you something here run with it and teaching all something if they did not already know this . Like I would not know what I am talking about. Anyways anymore questions ?
Your funny
Damping "taking out the pulsing of the pump" can be smoothed many ways
Old 10-22-2018, 07:36 PM
Registered

BUP you probably are one of the smartest guys here (on the 496), but there is no need for the dramatic.
There are issues with the Gen 3 pump including paint. We just discussed the paint issue, and it was you which brought up that the paint issues was not over (another insight for all of us). I contacted Merc and they confirmed (sort of) that they went to anodizing the inside of the pump (I think) in 2015

We discussed the crank sensor (496) and I listed 2 part numbers and one you said was wrong and were correct, great catch. The other was one you went to O'reillys and ordered one a month or so ago and have not come back as to if it would work or not. Great work, you are the guy, have the greatest following, but yet it appears you take offence if anyone trys to figure out what could work that is better or cheaper.

I don't get it, and just maybe never will

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.