2002 Mercruiser 496 Mag CPS question

Notices

2002 Mercruiser 496 Mag CPS question

Old 07-26-2019, 08:51 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 3,052 Likes on 1,357 Posts

Originally Posted by Griff
Kind of ironic that the guy who refuses to pay for any type of membership and who uses OSO for free to solicit business would get his panties in bunch about this.
Exactly.......
Old 07-26-2019, 11:05 AM
BUP
Banned

Received 41 Likes on 35 Posts

So single me out right fellers and I give out zero help plus correct OEM help and many service Bulletins that cost me money for free on this site also my phone number is an open avenue for many up here about 14 hours per day. - that end of it is OK and fine then --

Next is many who do not spend a dime up here plus never gave one ounce of info to help others but over use the swap shop for FREE everyday but thats freakin OK -- to funny fellers. Also OSO does not market itself to even warrant paying dues. I have bought classified ads up he in the past. OSO does not market itself to bring outside people in.

So can you imagine working all day with paying customers and 1/2 your day
get this from people on this site
Old 07-26-2019, 11:08 AM
BUP
Banned

And I have brought people to this site as well whom would have not bothered. Some never even heard of OSO who has boated for years or even in the marine industry
Old 07-26-2019, 11:12 AM
BUP
Banned

And how many engine serial numbers I have ran for free from posters up here ? in the 100 s.
Old 07-26-2019, 11:24 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I'm a nobody here, but do agree with BUP. I say his info is worth way more than whatever your dues cost.
Old 07-26-2019, 11:59 AM
BUP
Banned

Originally Posted by scoflaw
I'm a nobody here, but do agree with BUP. I say his info is worth way more than whatever your dues cost.
Thank you

so I will see how many more now will come up here and give me some credit as being an asset. I will keep that in mind who does not and should have as well because of the many times I have helped them out on my dime never asking for a plug or any credit nor any money.. So for any of the boaters on OSO want to chime please do so that I have helped out many of times and still currently do so. EVEN TODAY 2 people already from OSO. .

And for the record many and do I mean many of times I have told people who has called me to call BAM or Diamond or Teague or CP to get that part because they support OSO. Jeez how funny that works out being a non paying member.

And for the record many who post on the swap shop are running a business there for free and Im the one that gets the chit. Amazing.

Griff how come I do not see you posting about that ^^^ ? Maybe because you have bought some parts from these guys who run their business on the swap shop ? So lets be fair about this, Im the issue at hand ? Watch now how OSO bans me

Last edited by BUP; 07-26-2019 at 12:03 PM.
Old 07-26-2019, 12:51 PM
Charter Member # 55
Charter Member

Received 1,824 Likes on 909 Posts

Originally Posted by BUP
And for the record many who post on the swap shop are running a business there for free and Im the one that gets the chit. Amazing.

Griff how come I do not see you posting about that ^^^ ? Maybe because you have bought some parts from these guys who run their business on the swap shop ? So lets be fair about this, Im the issue at hand ? Watch now how OSO bans me
If you feel somebody is running an actual marine business and has a physical address where they operate their business, such as yourself, and is posting in the swap shop, please use the report post option because person's, such as yourself, who run an actual business are not allowed to post things for sale in the swap shop.

The issue is you seem to believe your free advice to members is so much of an asset to OSO that you are above the advertising rules.
Old 07-26-2019, 01:16 PM
Registered

Received 419 Likes on 247 Posts

Originally Posted by Griff
Kind of ironic that the guy who refuses to pay for any type of membership and who uses OSO for free to solicit business would get his panties in bunch about this.
I usually don't get involved in this type of post but felt I had to give my opinion.

BUP donates a lot of his time and knowledge helping many people out on this site Does he get sales from it sometime? Sure he does. A lot if his help results in no sales though. He has personally helped me out over the phone on his dime. He saved me a lot of time and i'm sure wasted money on parts that I would have bought (not from him). I tried hard to give him some money as I felt bad for all the time he spend with me on the phone, late at night. He refused to take a penny. He said "I didn't work on your boat, I don't want anything from you". I was shocked. I tried again but he refused. I come to this site everyday to try to learn. I learned the most from him (496 owner).

I'm sorry I don't agree with the above post. I know I am a no body here. I try to contribute to helping others on this site when I can. Unfortunately it isn't too often.

I think this is completely misguided to single him out.

What about the numerous boat manufacturers that post about their six figure boats that don't pay for any type of membership? What about Tres which is always soliciting for his safety courses and does nothing more on site to help anyone out for free? I have nothing against any of the above I just mentioned. I have never met any of them or have had and dealings with them. Just my observation.

Just my .02

Last edited by underpsi68; 07-26-2019 at 01:19 PM.
Old 07-26-2019, 06:27 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I for one appreciate all the help and info from all the pros and everyone else on here. BUP has answered my phone calls at night and on weekends to help me get back on the water.
Old 07-26-2019, 07:07 PM
Registered

Received 471 Likes on 367 Posts

I’m an old guy and shoot my mouth off many times and make all kinds of mistakes, but I’m just try to help. This is probably stupid for posting, but have been doing dumb things for many years and don’t see it stopping now

All forums are here to make money for the owner. The owner sets the rules, and we get to decide if it’s worth joining. I will agree BUP and MUC (iboats.com) are Merc Master Techs and are assets to any forum they choose to participate. Forums are also the Wild West where feelings get hurt easy, but they “should” all be required to be civil.

That aside, I have been blown away by the amount of knowledge here in the high performance boat/motor building. I just try to take in as much as possible so my thanks to all OSO folks

The easy thing, is if someone is asking for help, but the person being asked doesn’t feel they deserve their help, don’t comment.

As for OSO cost, maybe some fans could chip in to pay the dues so they can send messages anytime because there will be no 10 email limit. Then there is no 10 email limit, owners make a little extra to pay expenses, and no need for a post about “please empty your inbox”

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.