Notices

picked up a cobalt 269

Old 07-06-2020, 08:13 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default picked up a cobalt 269

hi guy i just picked up a cobalt 269 hull with wiring, controls, and alpha 1 drives. my issues come to engine and drive question. i got the boat with out motors and some alpha 1 drives. i picked up a pair of 2008 350 fuel injected mags that im gonna rebuild, i also got some bravo 3 drives thrown in the deal. am i better off just using the alpha 1 drives that the boat came with and selling the bravos or using both?
Old 07-07-2020, 04:14 PM
Registered

Received 38 Likes on 23 Posts

Originally Posted by jlw778
hi guy i just picked up a cobalt 269 hull with wiring, controls, and alpha 1 drives. my issues come to engine and drive question. i got the boat with out motors and some alpha 1 drives. i picked up a pair of 2008 350 fuel injected mags that im gonna rebuild, i also got some bravo 3 drives thrown in the deal. am i better off just using the alpha 1 drives that the boat came with and selling the bravos or using both?
First, I love Cobalt boats. used to have a 23 footer I bought with a heavily modified motor. Second, Bravo drives all the way. The durability is better. The alpha drive will handle the 350 mags unless they're heavily modified, but for the durability I'd go Bravo.