Giving away this new sunpad vinyl skin >

Giving away this new sunpad vinyl skin

Notices

Giving away this new sunpad vinyl skin

Old 05-23-2021, 08:16 AM
Registered

Received 29 Likes on 15 Posts
Default Giving away this new sunpad vinyl skin

I picked up a walking foot sewing machine off craigslist last winter and started re-doing my vinyl interior. Made this skin for the sunpad on my Cafe and was very happy with how it turned out. Only got around to re-assemby last week as I had to build a new wood frame for the sunpad cushion and there was a million other things on the list including fixing some hatch damage. When I tried to reassemble last week, FML the damn thing was a few inches short in both dimensions! Not sure how that happened as I had disassembled all the panels and copied them exactly with additional border material for the seams, but in any case I already made a new one this weekend and have it all back together.

If the first one I made can be useful to someone's project, you can have it just pay the shipping and its yours. I know its highly unlikely that it will perfectly fit anyone's sunpad as-is, but if you have a rectangular sunpad which is smaller than the dimensions of this one then it can very easily be adapted. Just unthread the border flap, cut the panel to fit your sunpad and re-stitch the border flap. That part is really easy, your missus can do it with a plain seam or take it to an seamstress or upholsterer for a fancier seam, its a 20 minute job.

If its usable for someone I just want to see a pic of your boat before & after. I got a lot of useful advice here on the boards and happy if I can pay it forward.

The material is the higher grade of Naugahyde (the All American line) in dove (light grey), looks and feels like leather I highly recommend the stuff. I made it with French seams and semi-flat felled on the edges as im not fond of piping. Note that it looks wrinkled in the pics just because it was sitting in a box since last winter, once stretched out under tension it looks great.

The topside dimension of the skin (not counting the side flaps which wrap around the base and get stapled down) is:
58" long (bow to stern)
77" wide at the forward side of the hatch
73" wide at the stern side of the hatch

Old 05-23-2021, 08:26 AM
Registered

Received 29 Likes on 15 Posts

Second attempt, all finished and stapled back together. The fist one looks the same, its just a bit smaller.