OEM/Aftermarket mix tabs gauge not working >

OEM/Aftermarket mix tabs gauge not working

Notices

OEM/Aftermarket mix tabs gauge not working

Old 09-26-2021, 10:07 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default OEM/Aftermarket mix tabs gauge not working

In my 2007 Baja 245 Boss the tabs do work, but the gauge is totally dead. It's been that way since I bought it, seller says it worked earlier, and he seems trustworthy based on the entire deal. I have a hard time troubleshooting this, the main box says Lenco 123, but the switches are OEM Baja and the gauge can be seen below, Livorsi, standard I think in this boat. Looking at the Lenco 123 wiring diagram and combining with OEM wiring, can't see what's wrong or even where to look. Any fuses? Anything that usually fails? If the gauge, where would I get a new one?
Thanks

The following users liked this post:
articfriends (10-13-2021)
Old 01-25-2022, 05:22 AM
Registered

Development, I've now ebay'd another instrument, and it lights up. But...the diodes and the scales are totally misaligned, see picture. Any ideas of if and how I can take it apart and turn/fix this? The chrome rim is quite rigid, is it pressed on, glued or what?

Old 01-26-2022, 09:04 AM
Registered

I got impatient today. So I took a saw to the funtioning but misaligned gauge just above. I cut it all the way around, turned it so diodes fit with faceplate, and glued it back together. From the front, it now works like new.