Changing Gen 5 raw water impeller >

Changing Gen 5 raw water impeller

Notices

Changing Gen 5 raw water impeller

Old 11-29-2021, 04:34 PM
Registered

Received 303 Likes on 152 Posts

Originally Posted by SB
Csn’t hurt, that’s for sure. However, since connected to fuel pump vent line that goes to engine, the line should be tygon. Tygon is yellow, right ?
I guess I can trace the current yellow hose going to the flame arrestor and I am thinking I can T into that if desired.

Old 12-01-2021, 10:16 AM
Registered

Received 398 Likes on 229 Posts

I pull my impeller when I winterize my boat. It allows me to drain the lines and oil cooler completely. I have a floor drain in my garage so I drain everything inside. I do it in place so I don't have to disconnect the fuel lines. I use a little mighty vac to suck out the gear lube when I change it. To put the impeller back in I use a hose clamp to compress the vanes and soap to lube it up. It's super easy and doesn't take much time at all. It takes less than 30 minutes to re-assemble in the spring and re-tension the belt. Of course I do have a single so plenty of access.