Notices

Pulling the motor.

Old 05-23-2023, 07:50 PM
Registered

Received 38 Likes on 23 Posts

Valve train is done. Pain in the butt aligning the roller rockers to be in the center of the valve spring.
The following 3 users liked this post by Batmeat:
ICDEDPPL (08-23-2023), sutphen 30 (05-23-2023), the deep (08-22-2023)
Old 05-24-2023, 08:22 PM
Registered

Letting the rtv silicone/rubber set before the final torque down of the intake manifold.
The following users liked this post:
Knot 4 Me (05-25-2023)
Old 06-07-2023, 07:55 PM
Registered

Finally got it on the engine stand. Now to finish it. Took a week vacation to see if some R&R help my wife. Which on that front if you’ve followed this thread im looking to get her Cancun or Cayman Islands for stem cell treatment.
Old 08-05-2023, 06:29 PM
Registered

Not sure why it didn’t save, but I just posted an update and now need to do it again.

motor is built sitting in my garage. Been taking my wife to doctors appts. Going on 1 year since her Covid booster causing some serious havoc. Headed to Mayo Clinic next week…..then Florida, and if we can’t get anywhere Cayman Islands. Sucks. Boating season here in Wyoming is almost over.
just giving an update on the whole project.
Old 08-05-2023, 07:51 PM
Registered

Received 157 Likes on 116 Posts

Originally Posted by Batmeat

Valve train is done. Pain in the butt aligning the roller rockers to be in the center of the valve spring.
Don't take my words as gospel by any means....

...my understanding is that you want the thinnest contact width through the full arc...as close as you can make it to the center. So you have the mist stem contact.

I don't think it's beneficial to sacrifice arc contact width to get the patch in the exact center.

That was some Eric Weingartner wisdom I think. Makes sense to me. I have had a hard time cetering at times even with calced and measured push rods to the correct length.
Old 08-05-2023, 07:56 PM
Registered

Not sure why it didn’t save, but I just posted an update and now need to do it again.

motor is built sitting in my garage. Been taking my wife to doctors appts. Going on 1 year since her Covid booster causing some serious havoc. Headed to Mayo Clinic next week…..then Florida, and if we can’t get anywhere Cayman Islands. Sucks. Boating season here in Wyoming is almost over.
just giving an update on the whole project.
Thoughts with you and your family.

Thank you for the update...we'll be here eager for the next phase.
The following users liked this post:
the deep (08-20-2023)
Old 08-20-2023, 02:36 PM
Registered

Motor goes into the boat this week. Sitting in Denver Intl Airport waiting on the last leg of traveling. Been at Mayo Clinic in Minnesota for my wife.

gotta remember how to put on the flywheel, flywheel housing/coupler and whatever the little plate thing is with it after I lift the motor off the engine stand.
Old 08-20-2023, 08:41 PM
Registered

Motor goes into the boat this week. Sitting in Denver Intl Airport waiting on the last leg of traveling. Been at Mayo Clinic in Minnesota for my wife.

gotta remember how to put on the flywheel, flywheel housing/coupler and whatever the little plate thing is with it after I lift the motor off the engine stand.
Have you got the Merc Manual for the process?
Old 08-21-2023, 09:33 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by Tartilla
Have you got the Merc Manual for the process?
I wish. I do have a schematic though so figuring it out won't be too bad.
Old 08-23-2023, 10:33 PM
Registered

Received 4,404 Likes on 1,262 Posts

Well that engine looks a lot better than that rusted out old thing you pulled out.
I had the same valve train set up down to the adjustable guides, I had the offset intake rockers for better geometry . Great rockers , never broke one.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.