I need a new stock or mild performance cam for 330hp >

I need a new stock or mild performance cam for 330hp

Notices

I need a new stock or mild performance cam for 330hp

Old 03-20-2023, 03:25 PM
Registered

Received 10 Likes on 7 Posts
Default I need a new stock or mild performance cam for 330hp

I know I am probably the first person to ask for a stock 330hp cam on this site ever lol. I am rebuilding a gen V 330hp motor back to stock, low hour engine that has some rust on the cam so I am not going to trust it being a flat tappet. As I have figured out over the years, most of the black engines have a GM equivalent cam that is usually much cheaper than mercs priceing but I am having a hard time matching it up. If anyone knows of a non merc part number or have a recommendation for a low budget mild cam that will work with stock exhaust, it would be appreciated. Thanks
Old 03-20-2023, 04:10 PM
Registered

Received 35 Likes on 24 Posts

Originally Posted by regalman4925
I know I am probably the first person to ask for a stock 330hp cam on this site ever lol. I am rebuilding a gen V 330hp motor back to stock, low hour engine that has some rust on the cam so I am not going to trust it being a flat tappet. As I have figured out over the years, most of the black engines have a GM equivalent cam that is usually much cheaper than mercs priceing but I am having a hard time matching it up. If anyone knows of a non merc part number or have a recommendation for a low budget mild cam that will work with stock exhaust, it would be appreciated. Thanks
try jegs xtreme Marine comp cams. I've used them with no problems
Old 03-20-2023, 05:52 PM
Registered

Received 168 Likes on 106 Posts

Depending on how far the engine is assembled I would put a degree wheel on it and see what you have now. That way you have something to compare it to when you are shopping.
Old 03-20-2023, 07:26 PM
SB
Registered

Received 3,116 Likes on 1,403 Posts

Originally Posted by BillK
Depending on how far the engine is assembled I would put a degree wheel on it and see what you have now. That way you have something to compare it to when you are shopping.
The 454 330hp flat tappets where
214/218 at .050
.460”/.480” lift
114lsa installed 110.
The following 2 users liked this post by SB:
j272 (03-21-2023), sutphen 30 (03-21-2023)