Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: info on 1968 19 st tropez cc

check with the guys at www.donzi.net
Old 04-10-2006, 11:40 AM
Platinum Member

Received 134 Likes on 80 Posts

I have one .. reportedly a -66

It is now over 4 years into a complete rebuild resto.

what kind of info are you looking for ?

Steve
Old 04-10-2006, 04:44 PM
Registered

thanks that donzi net website had some interesting stuff, i would like more photos and any info on available power for the 68 and values on fixer uppers and what they are worth once restored. thanks
Old 04-11-2006, 07:04 AM
Platinum Member

Did you access the thread 'Don't forget the St Tropez' ? It is in the 'Performance talk' section.. it has a number of pics of diffierent St T's currently being worked on (but not mine )

I believe that over the years the St T was offered with both I/O and V drive options from a 120 Merc up to about 300 hp V drive. If you spend a bit of time hunting around on the Donzi net you can find postings of old brochures and price sheets that are quite interesting.

As far as what one is worth when restored.. well that's debatable huh ?

When I'm finished I will know exactly what it's cost me but I'll bet that as a 40 year old boat it will only be 'worth' about a 10th of what I've put into it to an outsider !

Do you have one or are you hunting for one ? Another noteworthy centre console of that era is the Berttram 20 Sportsman. They are pretty hard to find though and have their own inherent problems that would be expensive to fix.
Old 04-11-2006, 05:07 PM
Registered

thanks for the info mad. i will check that link out. i do not have one but i think i can get one for just about nothing its a 68 powered by a homan moody 351 with a volvo i/o
Old 04-12-2006, 07:07 AM
Platinum Member

This sounds like it could be fun !

Let me know what you decide to do , I'd be glad to share what I have done and found out so far ... bear in mind that I've already owned mine for 19 years and this has been a deck off/ floor out renewal.

As a Holman/Moody/Volvo boat it sounds original but what condition is it in ? You may have noticed in your perusal of the Donzi site that deck removal/gas tank replacements are very common due to the age of these boats and no doubt something that will have to be considered with the boat you are looking at. It seems that the St T had more than one gas tank configuration so make sure you check that out too !

Best of luck.

Steve
Old 04-12-2006, 08:43 PM
Registered

thanks steve the boat is original the hull itself is in good shape the floor, console, engine compartment need some help. it would for sure be a deck removal fuel tank replacement, stringer checking restore
Old 04-13-2006, 01:25 PM
Platinum Member

I think I got into mine at exactly the right time.. one more season could have brought some unpleasant surprises.
I too had some cracking issues with the floor on both sides of the console and knew a long time ago that I would have to tackle this job. It took me about 5 years to figure out how I was going to remove the floor unit , re-core it and put it back in better than new ... also took about 5 years to psyche myself out to get started.
These are VERY fun little boats with a remarkable blue water ability. You can handle one alone under any conditions but they have a deceptive 'big boat' feel due to design and freeboard.
My stringers were all OK except for a tiny bit around the limber holes at the stern .. probably because the boat was a saltwater boat it's whole life the stringers were'nt rotten.
If you can get it for a really good price and are handy with tools , resin and glass you could end up with a really cool little boat.
It's difficult to get exact figures (probably the only person who would speculate a resaonably accurate guess is BROWNIE) but I've heard from other sources that about 112 of these were built ... from other sources many less than that.

Steve