Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > Owners Forum > Donzi
Test result Formula,Fountain,Donzi why? >

Test result Formula,Fountain,Donzi why?

Notices

Test result Formula,Fountain,Donzi why?

Old 12-16-2007, 08:19 AM
Registered

Received 9 Likes on 5 Posts

Ah, it's the same argument year after year.
Old 12-16-2007, 10:53 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Talking

Originally Posted by FeverMike
Ah, it's the same argument year after year.
But the different boat brands get better at different rates.
Old 12-16-2007, 03:41 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by spilman
But the different boat brands get better at different rates.
Nope not really....same boat brands getting asked about...nothing new except the better build and fit and finish Fountain is finally doing on the newer 35 staggered.
Old 12-16-2007, 04:16 PM
Registered

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Nope not really....same boat brands getting asked about...nothing new except the better build and fit and finish Fountain is finally doing on the newer 35 staggered.
Gee, that ought to make their prior customers OH so happy...
Old 01-01-2008, 09:05 PM
SDH
Registered

Originally Posted by spilman
Best Quality?? I would say not...but Fountain is what it is; a great value. Most High end performance boats have gotten WAY overpriced, because they can. Fountain is fast for several reasons, but mostly because of their relentless R&D...testing each and every boat, AND most significantly, their size. They are low profile narrow boats. Their are many things I hate about Fountains(& a few I like), but they are a very "good deal", for the most part.
BUT, Best Quality....NO, certainly not...there are at least 10 manufacturers that build higher quality, and some don't charge any more for it(Active Thunder).
But, as I said they are a fast hull. And yes, Donzi & Formula are 2 of the ten.
Putting speed aside for a moment, can those of you who have far more knowledge than I do speak to quality of ride and handling of the Formula, Donzi and Fountain. Thank you.
Old 01-03-2008, 03:46 PM
Registered

I will start off saying I owned the 38ZX donzi and it is 9'3" wide as is the Powerquest 38, the Baja '38 and even bigger up into the 45's of the following boats. The beam truly makes a lot of difference in the ride when it gets sloppy out. I have not been in the Fountain 35 but tied up to a brand new 35 with the 525's on Lake Michigan that was a gorgeous boat, very small cockpit, very small cabin, and said he was struggling to get it much over 95 because it got to be a handful. That was directly from his mouth. I was in the 38 ZR and it rode on rails at 88ish with 4 large adults and less than half a tank of fuel with custom props. Every Formula I have been in, the 35, 38 and 419 have been nice boats, not much more room than the Fountain due to narrow beam, 8'3" I believe. As usual I think you need to value where and what type of conditions are the most important and prioritize from there. I was not thrilled with the cabin of the 38zr but it also ran about 10mph faster than the ZX due to a less than 5' cabin vs nearly 6' cabin height and less beam drag. Anyway, speed is not always everything if you can not handle the conditions at those speeds. Good luck.
Old 01-09-2008, 10:49 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by Scott B
Gee, that ought to make their prior customers OH so happy...
So you are saying your favorite boat builder does not improve year after year? hummmm.....
Old 01-09-2008, 10:51 AM
Registered

I just do not see how a 35 fountain and a 38 Donzi can compare! The Donzi 38 is a much bigger boat all around so yeah the smallish 35 Fountain should be faster.
Old 01-09-2008, 03:27 PM
Registered

Received 22 Likes on 12 Posts

Originally Posted by SDH
Putting speed aside for a moment, can those of you who have far more knowledge than I do speak to quality of ride and handling of the Formula, Donzi and Fountain. Thank you.
generally for Quality of ride and handling:
1. Formula
2. Donzi
3. Fountain
Old 01-09-2008, 07:46 PM
Registered

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

So you are saying your favorite boat builder does not improve year after year? hummmm.....
I was referring to YOUR "finally" comment....

Quick Reply: Test result Formula,Fountain,Donzi why?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.