38zr comp ? >

38zr comp ?

Notices

38zr comp ?

Old 12-23-2007, 07:13 PM
Registered

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts
Default 38zr comp ?

how would a comp run in 4 to 6 footer's " rollars" compaired to a 39 topgun , or any other gofast in that size range ?
thank's
mike
Old 12-23-2007, 07:47 PM
Registered

one more question
what about the ride between the comp and the zr with a cabin is there a big difrence .
i know that the comp is a full 38 foot where as the zr is 38 with the swimmplatform ?
thank's
mike
Old 12-23-2007, 07:50 PM
Registered

Received 18 Likes on 11 Posts

The ZR's run very very well compared to others in its class. The new comp is awesome with its new bottom. The ZR and the old comp have basically the same bottom and are both true 38's.
Old 12-24-2007, 09:54 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by fountain40icbm
The ZR's run very very well compared to others in its class. The new comp is awesome with its new bottom. The ZR and the old comp have basically the same bottom and are both true 38's.
i thought with the swimmplatform on the zr it was a smaller runing surface.
thank's
Old 12-25-2007, 02:34 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thew 38 ZRC is 38ft 3 in length, the 38 ZR is actually 39ft 7 with the platform the ZR is also wider then the ZRC but you asked how she runs in rough, I have drove many of the ZRCs in rough stuff I drove the new hull last year running at over 100 MPH in 2-4s sometimes we had 5ft holes she flew spectacular with no chine or no roll she is one of the most comftorble sit down boats I have ever been in, she dosen't have the high freeboard like a cigarette so she flies straight
Old 12-25-2007, 04:43 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Whats up Mike?? You having some second thoughts????
Old 12-25-2007, 05:54 PM
Commercial Member
Commercial Member

Originally Posted by mikebrls
how would a comp run in 4 to 6 footer's " rollars" compaired to a 39 topgun , or any other gofast in that size range ?
thank's
mike
hey Mike, Happy Holidays! Are you shopping again?
Old 12-26-2007, 11:32 AM
Registered

Hands down the ZRC is the best handeling v-bottom i have driven/owned.
In the rough they do handle very well and predictable making for an extrmely secure feeling. We took ours on many trips to catalina island with two adults and two kids in the back, cruising at 75 across the channel all while listening to ipod music over the headsets- now thats comfort.
Old 12-26-2007, 05:45 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 84 Likes on 31 Posts

The comp is a no compromise do what it is supposed to do go fast/race boat. It runs unbelievably well in all conditions and handles like it is on rails. I have limited time in mine but I can tell you there is no other v-bottom I would want to run in a poker run. The boat flies true and straight and does not soar the bow off a roller. I got to run in an '07 with the quad step and 700's and the boat ran 115 all day. I was more impressed when we were carving turns at 95-100 mph and the boat didn't even twitch.
The down side is no cabin and no "social" room like a stand up boat.
If you want the best poker run boat that will smoke just about any other v-bottom with the same power than the Comp is the way to go.
Attached Thumbnails 38zr comp ?-donzi_srq_pra_2007_20%5B1%5D.jpg  
Old 01-01-2008, 11:27 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Originally Posted by Tom A.
The comp is a no compromise do what it is supposed to do go fast/race boat. It runs unbelievably well in all conditions and handles like it is on rails. I have limited time in mine but I can tell you there is no other v-bottom I would want to run in a poker run. The boat flies true and straight and does not soar the bow off a roller. I got to run in an '07 with the quad step and 700's and the boat ran 115 all day. I was more impressed when we were carving turns at 95-100 mph and the boat didn't even twitch.
The down side is no cabin and no "social" room like a stand up boat.
If you want the best poker run boat that will smoke just about any other v-bottom with the same power than the Comp is the way to go.
I just read the test of the blue boat with 700s and the new hull and was very impressed. Just curious if anyone has put 1075s or something bigger in the new quad step boat. Was thinking that it should do close to 130. How is it sitting down? I have never driven a sit down boat before. Thanks Mike

Last edited by DRIVEN1; 01-01-2008 at 11:38 AM.

Quick Reply: 38zr comp ?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.