Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > Owners Forum > Donzi
Donzi 27ZR >

Donzi 27ZR

Notices

Donzi 27ZR

Old 02-24-2009, 07:41 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Well, if you want the blue motor you have to pay the piper!
J
Old 02-25-2009, 01:03 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by JW in Texas
Well, if you want the blue motor you have to pay the piper!J
I was thinking why not get the 496ho and add cmi exhaust and a blower?That would be faster and a lot cheaper.
Old 02-25-2009, 01:18 PM
Registered

Yeah, I was kind of thinking the same thing when I bought mine. The 525 was a $ 25k bump over the 496. Mine will get Raylar'd eventually so I'll end up close to the same place for less coin. The Blue motor is a sweet set-up, I just couldn't justify the premium for it.
J
Old 02-25-2009, 02:02 PM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

I like the Blue or you could sell the 496, take those funds and have a custom built 540 with a warranty. You will be kicking over 600hp for the same price.
Old 02-25-2009, 02:21 PM
Registered

That's true too. The blue is factory bullet proof but 600 ponies would be very sweet!
J
Old 02-25-2009, 04:26 PM
Registered

I really want to see someone put some big power in a 27ZR
Old 02-25-2009, 06:09 PM
Registered

My boat is going into production on monday, was told the graphic rendering should be ready on friday or monday hopefully.

Donzi is going to build a 27 zr with a merc 600, although for the extra coin and maybe a 5 mph increase I don't think it is worth it.

When I decided to buy the 27 ZR I looked at all my options. I looked at the raylar kit and even a whipple. What I decided was that once you added a raylar or blower, cmi exhaust and upgraded the drive for the power. You were not saving enough money to go through all the trouble of having someone install all those parts. When you could factory order and have a warranty on a bullet proof package like the blue motor.

I also looked into having a custom painter paint the graphics that the factory offered, but once again I felt it was worth the little extra cost and save the hassle of taking the boat to someone for a few weeks. The other big thing was the factory would warranty the paint so I could deal right with my dealer that I purchased the boat from. The hassle of dealing with multiple companies and the logistics of getting the boat to them for the work, and knowing that I would get exactly what I wanted seemed to make the most sense to have have Donzi take care of everything.

I also don't want to leave out that Scott at Shipyard Marine did a bunch of the leg work for me in calling and getting quotes to compare pricing on paint from a couple of painters. In the end Donzi was able to step up and do what I wanted for what a custom painter would charge.
Old 02-26-2009, 08:56 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by bajadream
My boat is going into production on monday, was told the graphic rendering should be ready on friday or monday hopefully.

Donzi is going to build a 27 zr with a merc 600, although for the extra coin and maybe a 5 mph increase I don't think it is worth it.

When I decided to buy the 27 ZR I looked at all my options. I looked at the raylar kit and even a whipple. What I decided was that once you added a raylar or blower, cmi exhaust and upgraded the drive for the power. You were not saving enough money to go through all the trouble of having someone install all those parts. When you could factory order and have a warranty on a bullet proof package like the blue motor.

I also looked into having a custom painter paint the graphics that the factory offered, but once again I felt it was worth the little extra cost and save the hassle of taking the boat to someone for a few weeks. The other big thing was the factory would warranty the paint so I could deal right with my dealer that I purchased the boat from. The hassle of dealing with multiple companies and the logistics of getting the boat to them for the work, and knowing that I would get exactly what I wanted seemed to make the most sense to have have Donzi take care of everything.

I also don't want to leave out that Scott at Shipyard Marine did a bunch of the leg work for me in calling and getting quotes to compare pricing on paint from a couple of painters. In the end Donzi was able to step up and do what I wanted for what a custom painter would charge.
I like the Blue over the whipple idea too and it packs more hp than the Raylar 525.

I will be waiting to see that custom paint.
Old 02-26-2009, 10:36 AM
Registered

I agree. This is sounding like the coolest 27 yet. Can't wait to see the pics!
J
Old 02-26-2009, 10:38 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by bajadream

Thanks Bajadream. I will add, however, that had Donzi and our reps not been willing to take the time and effort to truly redefine the limits of "customization" on the 27ZR, the order would have never happened. I believe that because of their willingness to "tweak" and do in-house custom graphics on models like the 27, more doors will open down the road.

For me, specifically, I learned from this process on the 27ZR that I should never assume that a manufacturer has limits (even in these times). If we had not had the opportunity to speak with the head management so easily regarding the changes in question, I think the 27ZR would have been passed by for other Brands due to the perceived limits on the 27.

To sum it up for me - don't assume the blue motor and custom graphics are out of reach before you speak with the dealer/manufactuer!

Quick Reply: Donzi 27ZR

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.