Big power in a 38ZX >

Big power in a 38ZX

Notices

Big power in a 38ZX

Old 11-04-2009, 06:09 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 31 Likes on 16 Posts

Dave, the better choice is the ASD-7's. Ive driven 3 boats with Arnesons, and somebody I know ( Hustler ) has big power to the drives with over 200 hours and no problem. The myths of backing in a slip or getting you're boat on a trailer is not correct.. they actually drive better than conventional drives. The only problem you might have is taking the time to get the right prop to get her dialed in..GOOD lUCK. JEFF
Old 11-04-2009, 09:30 AM
Registered

Received 31 Likes on 24 Posts

Originally Posted by Rik

As for speed, the boat is what it is. A more efficient drive is not going to go slower than an less efficient one, especially when compared to the TRS style drive you mentioned.
...Just for the record, the Konrad ACE package is not a TRS replacement drive. I've personally tested the ACE to 130 mph @ 8% prop slip. When installed at existing X-Dimentions, the ACE is 1" shorter than a std Bravo.

Kurt
Old 11-04-2009, 08:21 PM
Rik
arneson-industries.com
Offshoreonly Advertiser

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by Biggus
...Just for the record, the Konrad ACE package is not a TRS replacement drive. I've personally tested the ACE to 130 mph @ 8% prop slip. When installed at existing X-Dimentions, the ACE is 1" shorter than a std Bravo.

Kurt
True, but it is the same drive that the replaced the TRS from Konrad packaged on a box ala the "Bravo Conversion Kit"
Old 11-05-2009, 02:17 PM
Neno the mind boggler
VIP Member

Received 271 Likes on 96 Posts

good stuff guys, this hull i believe is reasonably efficient after all at her size it still touches eighty plus with 525's but i think it compounds quickly and hits a wall in the nineties. I dont need to break the century mark but would like to see another ten or fifteen mph.

I've been toying with this for a while and its going to need some freshening at some point motors are at 250hrs but still run great. Would like to start rounding up parts for something someday

Thanks for the info guys, keep it coming. The 38Zx is a fantastic boat but i dont think it was designed to be much more then what it is. I honestly thinks its the best looking boat ever built (chicks dig it )

Kurt sea ya in Key west
08 OPA High Points Champion
10 OPA Class 1 National Champion ( happy now Ed! )

Last edited by glassdave; 11-05-2009 at 02:21 PM.
Old 11-19-2009, 02:04 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 38 Daytona Speeds

With our 38ZX Daytona package, were seeing top speeds in the high 70's with stock 500 EFI's. The lighter kevlar hull and the extension boxes do help. Now running lab finished 28 pitch props, wondering if changing would help any?

Nice talking to you again in Key West!

Oh and the chicks really dig the amenities this boat has to offer!!