35 ZR thru hull transducer >

35 ZR thru hull transducer

Notices

35 ZR thru hull transducer

Old 02-20-2011, 04:29 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 35 ZR thru hull transducer

I was wanting to put a depth sounder on my 35zr, where would be the best place to mount a thru hull transducer and what would be the best brand? Any thoughts would be appreciated. Thanks.
Old 02-20-2011, 04:35 PM
Registered

It would be best to glue it to the bottom of the hull that way you get the most accurate reading!
Old 02-20-2011, 05:27 PM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

dont know if this would work for you,,, http://airmartechnology.com/2009/pro...id=52&manf=All
Old 02-20-2011, 06:19 PM
Registered

I currently have the starboard motor out and would be the best time to install the transducer...The pad is flat but I didnt know if there was to much aeration from the steps for it to function other than at a idle...
Old 02-20-2011, 08:06 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by xhere
I was wanting to put a depth sounder on my 35zr, where would be the best place to mount a thru hull transducer and what would be the best brand? Any thoughts would be appreciated. Thanks.
I put a depth guage in mine,where you go down in the cuddy,there is a access hole in the stairs that you can get to the bottom of the boat,it will be more accurate there due to it is closer to the surface of the water,and it is pretty easy to access this spot from the dash.i purchased mine from livorsi,the back light and besel match all the rest.hope this helps.
Old 02-20-2011, 08:13 PM
Registered

make sure you power it off one of the access switches on the dash that r not in use,so you can shut it of when you are goin fast,it will keep goin off.
Old 02-21-2011, 08:54 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by xhere
I currently have the starboard motor out and would be the best time to install the transducer...The pad is flat but I didnt know if there was to much aeration from the steps for it to function other than at a idle...
i agree mine only works at idle also due to the aeration under the boat when your not much above idle
Old 02-21-2011, 08:41 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by Crazy Dayz Donzi
I put a depth guage in mine,where you go down in the cuddy,there is a access hole in the stairs that you can get to the bottom of the boat,it will be more accurate there due to it is closer to the surface of the water,and it is pretty easy to access this spot from the dash.i purchased mine from livorsi,the back light and besel match all the rest.hope this helps.
I appreciate the input, that makes sense because at that point it would be in front of all the steps and easier to access if there is a problem.