Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > Owners Forum > Donzi
Well I put a deposit on a ZRC >

Well I put a deposit on a ZRC

Notices

Well I put a deposit on a ZRC

Old 01-30-2012, 10:37 PM
Registered

Received 278 Likes on 97 Posts

Awesome Project! Looking forward to hearing how it runs. Thanks for sharing the pics! Love the Engines and drives. Both are my favorite.
Old 02-01-2012, 09:09 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Donzi has done the "GT", "Aronow" and the "Shelby" style/theme boats but I've always wanted to see a "SS" boat. Not SS as in Super Sport but SS as in Steve Simon. Someone should pay respect to what all Steve accomplished at Donzi before he passed away. Steve was a huge part of the ZRC development.
Old 02-01-2012, 10:09 AM
Registered

Received 341 Likes on 119 Posts

Originally Posted by RickSE
Donzi has done the "GT", "Aronow" and the "Shelby" style/theme boats but I've always wanted to see a "SS" boat. Not SS as in Super Sport but SS as in Steve Simon. Someone should pay respect to what all Steve accomplished at Donzi before he passed away. Steve was a huge part of the ZRC development.
Do you have a design in mind?
Old 02-01-2012, 01:08 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 84 Likes on 31 Posts

I LOVE that idea!
He was the genius and driving force behind the whole ZR line that brought Donzi back to the forefront of performance. Aside from designing and pushing the production, I believe it was his idea to do the first run of the ZRCs in the classic Donzi racing livery of white with red trim.
His wife Dustin is a sweetheart of a woman as well.

Sorry if this is a downer but in light of filling people in about Steve. He was killed in a car crash in Florida. It is sad to think I am the same age as he was when he passed. Rest in peace Steve.

http://www.boatingindustry.com/peopl...ies-at-age-39/

Last edited by Tom A.; 02-01-2012 at 01:19 PM.
Old 02-01-2012, 01:52 PM
Registered

Thanks for the article Tom.
Old 02-02-2012, 08:32 AM
Registered

A huge part, indeed. The ZRC was Steve's baby, 100%. The first ZRCs were special boats. Not that they all aren't - even the new ones - but the care and attention that went into the first boats is something hard to understand unless you were there to witness it. Everyone who had a hand in building those boats knew they were building something special. Steve obsessed over every detail but his enthusiasm was contagious, the boats were winning races, and times were good.

After Steve's passing, an SS Edition was definitely talked about, but there were certain differences of opinion: Was it too soon, would it be perceived the right way, etc. Ultimately, it was an inspired idea that never came to pass. To those of us who knew Steve well, every ZRC is an SS Edition!

Josh
Old 02-02-2012, 10:18 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by DonziDirect.Com
A huge part, indeed. The ZRC was Steve's baby, 100%. The first ZRCs were special boats. Not that they all aren't - even the new ones - but the care and attention that went into the first boats is something hard to understand unless you were there to witness it. Everyone who had a hand in building those boats knew they were building something special. Steve obsessed over every detail but his enthusiasm was contagious, the boats were winning races, and times were good.

After Steve's passing, an SS Edition was definitely talked about, but there were certain differences of opinion: Was it too soon, would it be perceived the right way, etc. Ultimately, it was an inspired idea that never came to pass. To those of us who knew Steve well, every ZRC is an SS Edition!

Josh
Well this is the first ZRC so I can't imagine a better one to do an SS edition on. I just need ideas of how to do it.
Old 02-02-2012, 10:30 AM
Registered

Received 749 Likes on 402 Posts

Originally Posted by Tom A.
I LOVE that idea!
He was the genius and driving force behind the whole ZR line that brought Donzi back to the forefront of performance. Aside from designing and pushing the production, I believe it was his idea to do the first run of the ZRCs in the classic Donzi racing livery of white with red trim.
His wife Dustin is a sweetheart of a woman as well.

Sorry if this is a downer but in light of filling people in about Steve. He was killed in a car crash in Florida. It is sad to think I am the same age as he was when he passed. Rest in peace Steve.

http://www.boatingindustry.com/peopl...ies-at-age-39/
I remember reading of his passing in Powerboat back in 2003. I think it is a fantastic idea.
Old 02-02-2012, 11:27 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 84 Likes on 31 Posts

Originally Posted by Marginmn
Well this is the first ZRC so I can't imagine a better one to do an SS edition on. I just need ideas of how to do it.
Josh is the man to talk to. He was there through the great times and bad. If you look at the most recent Donzi's with the angled name on the sides, that is a version of the way the race boats used to look.
Old 02-04-2012, 04:18 PM
Registered

built in Nov.of 01 as a 2002

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.