saftey lanyard >

saftey lanyard

Notices

saftey lanyard

Old 12-23-2011, 03:30 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default saftey lanyard

I have a question about my safety lanyard. I bought a 2003 Donzi ZXO and it did not come with any lanyard. I need to get one for next season. I am having trouble finding the correct one. All of my other boats had a round button that needed to be pushed in to be operational. The Donzi has a different style. Any help would be great! Thank you
Old 12-23-2011, 04:20 PM
Registered

It does not matter what type you get as long as it is good quality....all you are doing is putting a shut-off along the ignition system. I prefer the "fork" style on the post, when it is pulled out the "circuit" closes...there are numerous ones out there, basically, as long as you have one it is all good.....

The last one I got was made by Sea-dog.....

http://www.sea-dog.com/groups/2242-kill-switch
Old 12-23-2011, 06:38 PM
Lee
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 26 Likes on 7 Posts

The only problem with that type of safety lanyard is that you will need a second lanyard that stays in the boat, because if the person wearing that lanyard is ejected from the boat he is taking it with him and it will be very difficult to restart the boat to retrieve him.

I use this style, it is a simple toggle switch, if the person wearing the lanyard is ejected you just have to flip the switch to restart the boat.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/MERCURY-QUIC...37802154643576
Attached Thumbnails saftey lanyard-18208-1-lg.jpg   saftey lanyard-18208-2-lg.jpg  
Old 12-23-2011, 08:57 PM
GB
Registered

Originally Posted by Lee
The only problem with that type of safety lanyard is that you will need a second lanyard that stays in the boat, because if the person wearing that lanyard is ejected from the boat he is taking it with him and it will be very difficult to restart the boat to retrieve him.

I use this style, it is a simple toggle switch, if the person wearing the lanyard is ejected you just have to flip the switch to restart the boat.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/MERCURY-QUIC...37802154643576
Excellent addition to the standard lanyard. Thanks for sharing the safety tip.
Old 12-24-2011, 02:52 PM
Registered

Received 160 Likes on 72 Posts

If you are trying to locate just the lanyard and not the entire switch, I bought a universal replacement at west marine for the Donzi. The lanyard has maybe three different styles and you simply cut off the unusable styles.

Andy
Old 12-24-2011, 03:16 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by PremierPOWER
If you are trying to locate just the lanyard and not the entire switch, I bought a universal replacement at west marine for the Donzi. The lanyard has maybe three different styles and you simply cut off the unusable styles.

Andy
Yes I am only in need of the laynard it self. I will check out West Marine. Thank you.
Old 12-29-2011, 11:03 AM
Registered

Received 26 Likes on 14 Posts

My ZXO has a hard switch. it's similar to the Quicksilver one above.

Mine is "Saf-T-Stop", found here: http://www.iboats.com/Saf-T-Stop-Saf...-view_id.40115

In a nutshell, you put the lanyard over the metal switch and flip it up. You can run the boat without the lanyard attached at all by just flipping the switch up.

One downside is the placement of it in back of the throttle makes it damn near impossible to actually function. I'm a bit on the worried side if I do get tossed the plastic will break before the switch gets flipped down.
Old 01-08-2012, 09:41 PM
Registered

Thank you for your input. I went down to the shop and looked, its a Saf-T-stop style. I now need to order a lanyard. Again thanks everyone!