Donzi Sweet 16 >

Donzi Sweet 16

Notices

Donzi Sweet 16

Old 05-06-2012, 11:04 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Donzi Sweet 16

What is the story with these boats? Do I want to own one? I have seen one or two and it seems like a pretty neat boat.

Would apprecoiate anyone's thoughts or input regarding the boat and also classic/restored vs 'new' version boats built in say the last 10 years...

Thanks for your help!
Old 05-07-2012, 04:43 AM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I had one for a couple of years it was like runnign a corvette on the water I loved the boat only thing i did not like was the wrap around back seat I would not own another one withthat set up it makes it way hard for pasenger to enjoy blast at high speed
Old 05-07-2012, 06:01 AM
Registered

Received 31 Likes on 24 Posts

I've owned 7 Donzi Classics (16's, 18"s and a new 22) over the years, my favorite is the 18. As mentioned, the wrap around seating on the 16 makes it hard on the passenger.
Old 05-07-2012, 06:56 AM
GB
Registered

Have owned an 18 and there still my favorite Classic. You wouldn't think 2 feet could make that much difference in handling and performance....
Old 05-07-2012, 07:48 AM
Registered

Received 793 Likes on 448 Posts

A relative had an early Sweet 16 with the 'vette based engine - the boat handled very well, holeshot like a pistol and handled a good chop.

The only issue was if there was only one person in the boat - coming off plane the boat would literally fall over off the "V" and want to hook. NOT FUN!

If there was 2 people in the boat ( balanced Port and Stb), it kept its manners. Never experienced this in an 18 but only operated the one 16.

Ditto on the back wrap seat
Old 05-08-2012, 07:07 PM
GB
Registered

This thread count climbs with no feedback on the 16. Focus on an 18 instead. You'll just wish you had later....
Old 05-09-2012, 09:44 AM
Registered

Current 18 owner here, properly set up they are a blast to run, I've been in a lot of boats and the 18's have an extremely high fun factor!!
You wanna know all there is about the little Donzi classics visit Donzi.org they will answer all your questions and guide you in choosing and setting up these little boats to handle and run in some pretty high speeds if that's your desire.

Which ones best for you is a blanket question, a lot depends on how you plan on using the boat and where you do your boating

Steve
Old 05-09-2012, 04:18 PM
GB
Registered

Originally Posted by osur866
Which ones best for you is a blanket question, a lot depends on how you plan on using the boat and where you do your boating

Steve
Lets cut the PC stuff. The OP'er claims to boat Lanier and should be quite familiar with performance boats in general.
An 18 will out perform a 16 in all categories.... even if it's picnicin' off the bow.

Cheers