28zx Shoot thru the hull transducer

Notices

28zx Shoot thru the hull transducer

Old 04-20-2013, 03:48 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 28zx Shoot thru the hull transducer

Does any one that is running a 28zx have a shoot thru the hull depth finder transducer in their boat? If so where is it mounted and does it work once you get on plane?
Mine was transom mounted and didn't work past a no wake speed. I want to replace it and hopefully have it work at speed.

Thanks for your help guys.
Old 04-21-2013, 08:39 AM
Registered

Don't think it will work at speed too much air under hull
But on mine it was mounted in front of the starboard engine
It didn't work when the boat was on plane
Old 04-21-2013, 01:33 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

I was thinking about mounting it ahead of the steps. Maybe by the forward bilge pump area under the step going down in to the cabin. I am wondering if that that might be a "cored" area so the transducer might not work at all there. I haven't tested anything yet.

Donzi Dude, In a separate question, how do you like the 35zr? what engines do you have, and how bad is it on gas? compared to the 271 sr1? I am considering a 35zr for my next boat... a couple years from now.
Old 04-21-2013, 08:56 PM
Registered

Love the 35 ours has 525s and is a blast it also has 380 k planes that come real handy in the rough stuff at loto it burns more fuel than the 28zx did but if you can keep from pushing on the sticks too hard it isn't too bad.
I wanted the 35 over the 38 because we go to different restaurants at lake and the side by side motors help parking it
The 28 was much easier to dock but I think that has more to do with the 32s the zr is spinning you have to give the engine in reverse a little throttle to pivot the boat.

If 80 is ok with you a 496 boat would be good
We bought the 271 to save hours on the Donzi and for the wife a d kids to use when I'm not down.
That's a fun boat also not real fast only about 60 but you can get a lot a boat at a good price with those older formulas.