Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > Owners Forum > Donzi
35zr fender storage >

35zr fender storage

Notices

35zr fender storage

Old 10-07-2013, 11:58 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Thank you for posting that.... I have thought about doing that.
Old 10-07-2013, 12:44 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by atisvt99
Finally remembered to snap some pics of my cuddy this weekend... sorry for the delay!

I do think they could have made the openings a little bigger, while still supporting the cushion enough, and maybe I'll have them go back and enlarge them the next time the boat is in the shop... We shall see. As of right now, I only have the large bumpers (8.5" I think?? they are huge) and I have one-each sitting up behind the back rest of the bench seats down below... The holes cut out right now are not big enough for the bumpers, but perhaps a smaller one... otherwise, they are great for spare parts, rags, etc etc... (the one white bumper is not one of my regular bumpers - those are much bigger - the white one is just a spare I found floating in the river one day)

You can see that they simply attached some 6"-8" strips of hard plastic (I forget what he called it) that will keep the cushion from sliding forward while you're sitting on it. And the back rest cushion holds everything else in place enough that I've never had them come off - even in very rough water!
My 1999 28zx already had this storage under the seats with a plastic "lid" then the seat cushion goes on top and fastens with snaps to the base. I also have storage under the bed.