Joining the Elite- 2002 38 ZX >

Joining the Elite- 2002 38 ZX

Notices

Joining the Elite- 2002 38 ZX

Old 08-01-2013, 01:29 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 84 Likes on 31 Posts

I guess it is ok then. I know my boat and the Zr's are much different but I didn't know they were that different.

This is not a great shot but you see my second step is over the front set of wheels where the Zx is over the back set of wheels.
Attached Thumbnails Joining the Elite- 2002 38 ZX-260442_442338169144035_1863364124_n.jpg   Joining the Elite- 2002 38 ZX-dsc09572.jpg  

Last edited by Tom A.; 08-01-2013 at 01:32 PM.
Old 08-01-2013, 04:27 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

My 28zx had the same trailer as you guys when I bought it, first thing I did is got rid of it and put a loadmaster (other brands are good too) under it. It makes an AMAZING difference in trailering the boat, loading and unloading the boat is so simple now... no snapped winch straps. ETC.

I'm not knocking what anyone has and you guys have MUCH bigger and most likely better boats than I do, don't think I am knocking them, but I have had very bad luck with those trailers (I had one under my 34' Scarab and one under my Donzi). I have snapped axels, broken winches, straps, and even had the trailer scratch the F**K out of one of my boats because it floated out from under the boat.

Don't get me wrong, you go out spend a BIG chunk of money on your new toy the last thing you want to do, or in my case can afford to do is dump another 10 grand into another trailer but that is exactly what I did. Both your boats are awesome, they look great, BTW I really like the yellow, but sooner or later those trailers are going to give you trouble. What good is the boat if you can't get it to the water.
I'm not knocking the Aluminum part of the trailer, its the design that's bad.

Tom, you have a first class set-up.
Old 08-02-2013, 10:52 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 84 Likes on 31 Posts

Thanks for the compliment.
Reality is the truck is a 2001 and the boat and trailer are 2003.
I have a Loadmaster (I think theirs is as well). Upkeep and proper set up is the key. When I bought the boat in 2007, I had the tower and t-top guy at my marina make the steps on the tongue for me. Best trailer addition ever! I was thinking of "upgrading" the trailer to a Myco or similar over the winter but after we rebuilt it and made it like brand new again, I kept it. It trailers even better than last year when those pics were taken.

I had a couple covers made for the spares to protect them and it gives it a nice touch.

Sorry for the hijack! Back to your beautiful 38Zx! Welcome to the Donzi Family!!!!!!!!!
Attached Thumbnails Joining the Elite- 2002 38 ZX-tire-covers.jpg  

Last edited by Tom A.; 08-02-2013 at 10:57 AM.