new 22 classic owner new to site >

new 22 classic owner new to site

Notices

new 22 classic owner new to site

Old 09-24-2013, 01:29 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default new 22 classic owner new to site

hi everyone not new to boating but new to donzi 22 and this forum, i have a perfect 93 300 hours total at 298 just put in new 502, edelbrock marine heads, cam,stainless headers, vic jr intake msd, was built and dynoed 590 hp i have a king cobra drive with 25 pitch stainless was looking at top speed what would be the best prop for this drive and where to buy it and what speeds can i expect? The drive also had a nose cone professionally installed thanks everyone in advance.
Old 09-24-2013, 04:30 AM
Registered

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Welcome to the world of Donzi!

One of our members is runnng a HP500 coupled to a KC. Runs well with a Turbo TXP 27.
Old 09-24-2013, 07:01 AM
Registered

Received 607 Likes on 275 Posts

Welcome to the Donzi Classic club. Get some seat time before you get too cocky because these boats are unique and you can throw a lot of what you know about driving a boat out the window. Once you master driving a Donzi 22 Classic they are a blast. Very predictable and fun once you master them. I run 83-85 top with a 525. If you are truly making 590 hp then I'd guess mid 80s. The King Cobra has proven to be a very tough drive but will preclude you from installing an Imco shorty which these hulls respond well to. Many of these boats are running in the 80s and 90s and I know of two that run over 100 mph. Just get lots of seat time on smooth water first. There are two excellent sites/forums that concentrate on Donzi Classics. Donzi.org, owned by Scott B (previous post) and Donzi.net.
Old 09-24-2013, 12:44 PM
Registered

awesome info thanks guys, and yes this drive had me worried but there are a few places that do still rebuild them to my surprise, and yes the first time i had it out it did scare me a bit haha, i love this thing already and taking it out one last time before putting it away this week,one more question where is the best place to buy a Turbo TXP 27.
Old 09-24-2013, 04:20 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by gwaggdonzi
hi everyone not new to boating but new to donzi 22 and this forum, i have a perfect 93 300 hours total at 298 just put in new 502, edelbrock marine heads, cam,stainless headers, vic jr intake msd, was built and dynoed 590 hp i have a king cobra drive with 25 pitch stainless was looking at top speed what would be the best prop for this drive and where to buy it and what speeds can i expect? The drive also had a nose cone professionally installed thanks everyone in advance.
mike from wash??? did the bozo do it rite this time,,should have ran it on the dyno over night to make sure...
Old 09-24-2013, 07:04 PM
Registered

haha i didnt understand your question? but no i am from ohio and had the engine built by performance research marine in columbus ohio they built my brothers two 600cubic inch motors for his elimnator daytona.and they did a amazing job the abuse he puts them through made me want them to build mine, his even have top end oilers on them crazy stuff.

Last edited by gwaggdonzi; 09-24-2013 at 07:07 PM.
Old 09-24-2013, 07:42 PM
Registered

Received 15 Likes on 6 Posts

Welcome to the club! Sounds nice! Post a picture...

Bring your boat to the Ceasers Creek Shootout October 5th. It's just souh of Columbus off 71.
Old 09-24-2013, 07:56 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by gwaggdonzi
haha i didnt understand your question? but no i am from ohio and had the engine built by performance research marine in columbus ohio they built my brothers two 600cubic inch motors for his elimnator daytona.and they did a amazing job the abuse he puts them through made me want them to build mine, his even have top end oilers on them crazy stuff.
lol their was a guy in washington that just had a guy build him a engine and it lasted 4 hours..all the wrong parts if you know what i mean,,he has a 93 and a king cobra as well..see if scott b or buizilla has anymore of grizzly's stash of props,,if they dont have a 27 txp i can order one for you..

BTW,,if you go the the shootout that itllfli is talking about stay clear of his roost,,will send you home all wet lol..
Old 09-24-2013, 08:00 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by ITLLFLI
Welcome to the club! Sounds nice! Post a picture...

Bring your boat to the Ceasers Creek Shootout October 5th. It's just souh of Columbus off 71.
what lake is it at? sorry not familiar with the ceaser creek shootout.
Old 09-24-2013, 08:04 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by FIXX
lol their was a guy in washington that just had a guy build him a engine and it lasted 4 hours..all the wrong parts if you know what i mean,,he has a 93 and a king cobra as well..see if scott b or buizilla has anymore of grizzly's stash of props,,if they dont have a 27 txp i can order one for you..

BTW,,if you go the the shootout that itllfli is talking about stay clear of his roost,,will send you home all wet lol..
haha i will at the moment my only problem is my trim cylinders started bleeding off, anyone in cbus area know where i can get mine rebuilt like asap, i used those stupid plastic outdrive holders and i think cranking down the drive on them to many times caused the seals to blow, i can still use the boat just dosnt stay trimmed where you want it, if i am in my brothers boat at the shootout i wont have to worry about getting any roost lol,so where is this shootout at anyone going on here? i will google it.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.