Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > Owners Forum > Donzi
Lip-Ship for Donzi >

Lip-Ship for Donzi

Notices

Lip-Ship for Donzi

Old 11-11-2014, 07:29 PM
Registered

Received 607 Likes on 275 Posts

I tried to call you today, Brian. I need to get mine in for the top end service.
Old 11-12-2014, 06:14 AM
Banned

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by thirdchildhood
I tried to call you today, Brian. I need to get mine in for the top end service.
Had personal things to take care of yesterday and if my guys don't recognize the # they will not answer (50 telemarketers a day). I will be in all day today, tomorrow, the next day, ect, ect.....until I die.
Old 11-13-2014, 06:24 AM
Registered

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Hows the Cig coming along...???

unless you want to be without your boat for two years, miss 8 deadlines, be given the run around, etc etc
Old 11-13-2014, 07:28 AM
Banned

No payments since July.....so its not..... maybe we shouldn't go there.
Old 11-14-2014, 11:53 AM
Registered

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

LOL, out of respect for the owner I won't go there, not his style. Be glad it's not mine...
Old 11-14-2014, 04:23 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by Scott B
LOL, out of respect for the owner I won't go there, not his style. Be glad it's not mine...
1st Out respect for yourself you should stay out of it because you have nothing to do with it. You obviously only know Mikes side of the story and did not have to deal with him on a weekly basis. I catered to Mike for 3 years doing major work each winter and getting him on the water for the boating seasons. He dropped the boat off last November for the top side to be refinished and later changed that to a full out restoration, his idea not mine. Life has been a lot less stressful since August 5th and now the only way I will communicate with him is in Email form so there is no more "he said" crap. Nobody knew how bad the boat was until we stripped it to bare glass and he knew that going in. Every week he added things to the list of what he wanted done and was go go go from the start having me put my guys on a 60 hour week with no less than 100 man hours a week dedicated to his boat for over 6 months. When you want quality it comes at a price and he pushed us week after week. Progress only stopped 2 1/2 weeks after he quit paying over 3 months ago.

2nd It appears that you have made 2 bad judgement calls in this thread.

3rd "Be glad its not mine...." sure sounds threatening.
Attached Thumbnails Lip-Ship for Donzi-img_0431.jpg  
Old 11-14-2014, 07:04 PM
Registered

Received 690 Likes on 276 Posts

I have seen some of the work Brian and his guys have put into that boat... It needs to be in a glass case, not in the water its so perfect.......
Old 11-14-2014, 11:04 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

In a conversation with Phil in the not too distant past, I asked this exact question. Give him a call, you might be surprised.

Last edited by roadtripse; 11-14-2014 at 11:08 PM.
Old 11-15-2014, 07:33 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Just call Phil...he will help you in any direction you would like to go...he is the best in the business!

Todd
Old 11-16-2014, 11:32 AM
Registered

Received 160 Likes on 72 Posts

Originally Posted by neva satisfied
I think you should just ship it to Kevin! His 43 turned out pretty wicked!!!
Our 43 looks really good but not because of Doug. Lee McKinnon was the main river working on the boat and he knows the ZR lineup inside and out as he worked on the Donzi ZRC race boats back in Donzi's prime. Over the course of what turned into a 2 year project (should have been 5-6 months at most) I had to make probably 10 trips to Doug's shop to get him on things. Half the time our boat hadnt been touched since the last time I was there. I even had to run around town to west marine and Various marine suppliers to buy parts that he needed but hadnt gotten around to getting then I would babysit him and make sure he go on things. The best was the day we went to pick it up for the last time; he handed us a HANDWRITEN invoice scribbled on a legal pad. He then said "oh that's my copy, you need to take a picture for yours." He is the worst business owner ever. He has what would literally be my dream job; to customize high performance boats and he is destroying it. He has literally almost ruined the hobby for us because the boat has been nothing but trouble since we have gotten it back just over a year ago. We have only put 8 hours on it and had several things fail: water leak, failed trim tab, bent props due to drive tie bar misaligned on first short run. transmission blew apart on second run and on the third run we seized a fuel pump and then realized he didn't fill any of the 3 fuel pumps with oil. I could go on and on and on. If you enjoy this hobby and want to hire a shop to do any custom work or any work in general, DO NOT USE DOUG VALENTINE.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.