Notices

28zx

Old 01-05-2015, 09:00 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

If you scroll down through the old posts, I have been a big proponent of the 28ZX overall. we have had ours for 6 1/2 years, and have had no regrets. very fuel efficient at around 3 miles per gallon, compared to our old single big block 24' that got around 2 mpg, and ran 10 mph slower. I also agree, there are flashier cabins, but not the worst. very easy to trailer and big enough to run big water and feel comfortable. docking is great with the twins in this boat.

Like Show N Go said, the choices you are looking at in Donzi and Formula are great boats, good luck in your endeavors.

Tom
Old 02-05-2015, 03:53 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have a 98 donzi 28zx and love it. By the way it is for sale. PM me your address and I will get pictures for you. Brief overveiw 480 hours stbd engine replaced cylinder heads due to tuliped valves because of faulty injectors. New injectors both engines. 2 sets of wheels 23 M+ and 25 Mirage. to covers cockpit and full cover. aluminum trialer new tires and wheel bearings. cockpit vinyl replaced in 2013 led lights in cockpit. runs great. looking to go to center console.
Old 02-05-2015, 04:38 PM
Registered
VIP Member

We looked really hard at 28zx's. Wound up with a 292 Formula. No big complaints about the 28zx, the ones we were looking at had not been maintained very well are were very far from our home so I had one surveyed and it failed out in Tx(wrong trailer with cracks all up the strakes, overheated engines and blacked out the motor compartment, never been waxed and top deck was bubbling), then one in Tampa that was miss represented, long drive for nothing(bottom paint, sun damage, worn out interior, broken front plexi, motor lid looked like it had been ripped off before, and bottom paint I think it was a hurricane boat and he was trying to flip it, and one in destin that had hella hull cracks in hull and over priced. I loved the sporty look, but a 292 came up for sale in my home town so I jumped on it.
Old 02-06-2015, 08:56 AM
Registered

Hey COOPS, what's your drive height on the 292 twin? I've been looking for good solid info on drive heights and related speed>

Originally Posted by COOPS
I had the 26zx for a few years with a 502. Great boat but within a few years I was looking for more with twins. The 26 with its high x and a single was a pain in the ass to dock with any side wind or current.

There is only a foot and a half difference between the 2. If your moving towards the 28 you may want to look at a 292 formula. The cabin space is huge compaired to the 28 and there are a lot more of them out there to choose from. We have been nothing but happy with our 292. With the 6.2s it runs 72 max.
Old 02-06-2015, 09:06 AM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

My first Donzi was a 28ZX with a single 500HP Carb boat. Ran about 72, was a great boat. Moved on to a 33ZX, then 38ZR