Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > Owners Forum > Donzi
RPM Varience on twin 496HO's >

RPM Varience on twin 496HO's

Notices

RPM Varience on twin 496HO's

Old 06-30-2015, 07:29 AM
Registered

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

Mine as well. I swapped the CPS with a new one, no change. I haven't tuned this boat up yet so this week it is getting fuel filters, discs, and plugs. If it is still there after this I may swap to props spinning in and see if it follows the props. The boat was running 68 this weekend which is inline with what it has always ran, so I find it hard to believe it is really down on power, more of an annoyance than anything.
Old 06-30-2015, 07:47 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I don't think props would have anything to do with RPM variance. But in reference to the props, mine have always turned inward.
When we pulled the motors to put in new transom assemblies I replaced every sensor I could. I think I may have another connector somewhere that may also have corrosion or just a bad connection. I think my issue is definitely ground related because when I fixed the ground wire and pin to the Crank POS and test-ran the boat everything cleared up and ran perfect. Then the next time we put the boat in the water the RPM issue was back.
Old 06-30-2015, 08:08 AM
Registered

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

In your situation that may be true. On my boat this is the first season for me with this boat and this particular set of props. They are out of the box B1 26 pitch props, so I may have a variance issue between the two. I am just trying to figure out anything that could be causing it.