Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > Owners Forum > Donzi
33zx looking for help with some questions >

33zx looking for help with some questions

Notices

33zx looking for help with some questions

Old 09-13-2015, 07:11 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Also my buddy sent me this pic yesterday of the one with the 496 when i asked him about top speed..does this seem right for top speed?[ATTACH=CONFIG]545093[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails 33zx looking for help with some questions-fb_img_1442189211303.jpg  
Old 09-13-2015, 07:18 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by Brad419
Also my buddy sent me this pic yesterday of the one with the 496 when i asked him about top speed..does this seem right for top speed?[ATTACH=CONFIG]545093[/ATTACH]
I would say that is about right.

As far as the rebuild schedule, there are too many variables to answer that question accurately. But for the most part black engines are very reliable. It's not uncommon for them to last well past 500 hours.
Old 09-13-2015, 07:33 PM
Registered

I used to rack store at Pier 75, did it for about 6 years off and on and spent a lot of time down there. I can just about count on one hand how many times I saw that Donzi out. The guy that owns the marina owns the boat, last I knew. The steps were all fukked up from the forks on the forklift hitting them when racking the boat, which you can see in your pics they still are. It also sat in the water most of one summer at Harrison's (same owner owns both marinas), can't remember the reason for that, there was plenty of room at Pier 75.

Personally, I would pass on it. The other one looks alot better in my opinion.
Old 09-13-2015, 07:43 PM
Registered

Yes you are right it is the owner of both marina. Sounds like there is just to much going on with that one.. I'm gonna pass.. just sad that they can't produce what I want. But sounds like I will be better off going with my buddy's. . Just way farther away to get it. But it definitely sounds like a better deal.. just a little more than I wanted to spend. But oh well only live once. Thanks guys.
Old 09-13-2015, 10:28 PM
Registered

Received 23 Likes on 10 Posts

Its always more then what you want to spend....
Old 09-14-2015, 07:14 AM
Registered
Platinum Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

No doubt the red white and blue zx looks nice but 80k?.... I think you could get one with 525 efi's for that money. And I would say 74 mph is about best case with 496 ho's. On the plus side I've seen 496 ho's go well past 1000 hrs without ever having the valve covers off
Old 09-14-2015, 07:22 AM
Registered

80k does seem a bit high, especially if he is a friend. But, if he is a god friend and is being 100% honest with everything and that the boat is in tip top shape...it might be worth paying a little extra for piece of mind. There are a lot of boats out there with gremlins that you wouldn't discover until it was too late.
Old 09-14-2015, 07:25 AM
Registered
Platinum Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I did talk to the owner of the red and black zx about the motors and he told me they where completely redone after a procharger scattered at 150 hrs. At that time the boat had 450 hrs so there was about 300 on the rebuilt motors. He didn't have any paperwork but gave me a name of the engine builder (cant remember his name) said I could call and talk to him if I wanted. There was some glass damage to one of the corners of the hull steps if I remember right but looking closer at it I remember thinking it was more cosmetic than anything. The running surface was in real nice condition. Also the owner bought the boat new from a dealer up there with the pro charges already installed.
Old 09-23-2015, 10:08 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by dandercam1
I did talk to the owner of the red and black zx about the motors and he told me they where completely redone after a procharger scattered at 150 hrs. At that time the boat had 450 hrs so there was about 300 on the rebuilt motors. He didn't have any paperwork but gave me a name of the engine builder (cant remember his name) said I could call and talk to him if I wanted. There was some glass damage to one of the corners of the hull steps if I remember right but looking closer at it I remember thinking it was more cosmetic than anything. The running surface was in real nice condition. Also the owner bought the boat new from a dealer up there with the pro charges already installed.
just out of curiosity why did you pass on it? We have looked at it twice I think i could get it for low 40s. Which is a lot less than the other one. But I'm gonna need a trailer so there is probably another 7. So I just don't know.
Old 09-23-2015, 10:10 AM
Registered

Also how hard is it to install air on one of these if it doesn't have it.. the red white and blue one does not have air but said it rigged for it? Which does not make sense to me.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.