Advice on buying a used Donzi

Notices

Advice on buying a used Donzi

Old 07-07-2017, 07:46 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Advice on buying a used Donzi

Hi all,
I am new to the forum. I'm looking at this Donzi for my first boat. Used 2001 Donzi Zf, Treasure Island, Fl - 33706 - BoatTrader.com

Are there any ZF owners that could tell me what to look for and concerns about the hull, engines, and tidbits?

Thank you. Cory
Old 07-08-2017, 10:46 AM
Registered

57 views and no responses? No one can help me here?
Old 07-08-2017, 11:47 AM
Platinum Member

Received 134 Likes on 80 Posts

Sometimes it takes a bit longer to get feedback on the brand specific forums than the general questions areas.
I'm a big Donzi fan but know nothing about all these new 'Z' boats

Give it a little time . Someone always kicks in .
Old 07-08-2017, 12:39 PM
Registered

Thank you. I will. I guess I need to rephrase my interest to include an center console Donzi line.

How is Bermuda? A dive trip there is on my bucket list.
Old 07-08-2017, 02:04 PM
Registered

Never owned a ZF but have looked at them and been on many CC's. Donzi as a brand tends to have more hi performance CC's with stepped hulls and no flare to the bow. Meaning, if you frequent the ocean and rough water, you ought to enjoy being wet. Other brands have more of a Carolina flare on the bow and keep you less soaked but you'll lose the performance in the hull. Trade-offs.
Old 07-08-2017, 03:51 PM
Platinum Member

Received 134 Likes on 80 Posts

Originally Posted by Cory407
Thank you. I will. I guess I need to rephrase my interest to include an center console Donzi line.

How is Bermuda? A dive trip there is on my bucket list.
In fact my Donzi is a center console but it's 51 years old and I hardly think that's what you're going for !
As for the diving , I don't know of anyone who went home disappointed but I'm not a diver . An old salt told me a long time ago that every time you go in the water here you're in something else's territory and chances are it's bigger than you and it can definitely swim better than you . That was it for me .. lol
But please come over , you might even discover a new shipwreck . The water is stunning , albiet very salty .
Old 07-08-2017, 08:37 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 1,124 Likes on 474 Posts

Pretty rugged all round boats, hard to beat them up. They've all been fished so it may have a million hard hours on the engines, make sure you get a knowledgeable guy go over the engines if you're not 100% sure but they're outboards and pretty easy to get work done if needed.

Not specific to that hull but generally, check for excessive stress cracks and soft spots in The floor and FWIW, yellow is my favorite color for a boat!

Good luck,
RR

Last edited by rak rua; 07-09-2017 at 08:17 PM. Reason: Spellnig
Old 07-09-2017, 01:46 PM
Registered

Received 46 Likes on 18 Posts

Its a 23ft CC boat - not much that could really be wrong and not seen. I will echo the others - have a reputable person go over the outboards with a fine tooth comb. Get underneath of the boat and look for spider cracking or soft spots. Recheck the T-Top anchor points for tightness and inside of the lockers for soft spots. Give the wiring harness a hard look...make sure that "MacGyver" was not the previous owner. Given the size and simplicity of a CC boat - the trailer could be more of a cost exposure. Just do you homework and you will make out fine. Sharp boat for sure.