Registered

Received 341 Likes on 119 Posts
Default Iconic Marine Group Announces Performance Group Initiative

A new ZRC is in the works!

https://speedonthewater.com/in-the-n...oup-initiative
Old 12-05-2017, 08:48 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Outboards...hmm, would think you'd need at least 4 o/b's to see comparable performance and having that much gear hanging off the back...not sure how appealing that would be to me.

Does this mean the original ZRC molds are with Iconic Marine or are they designing a new hull for this boat...?
Old 12-08-2017, 10:12 AM
Registered

Received 160 Likes on 72 Posts

The Outerlimits SL41 hit 105mph with triple 400's
Old 12-08-2017, 10:31 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by MullenTJ86
Outboards...hmm, would think you'd need at least 4 o/b's to see comparable performance and having that much gear hanging off the back...not sure how appealing that would be to me.

Does this mean the original ZRC molds are with Iconic Marine or are they designing a new hull for this boat...?
The old hull mold was destroyed by accident so they are building a new mold from computer cad-cam files that they have of the original two-step design.
Old 12-08-2017, 10:39 AM
Registered

Here's a crude rendering of what it will look like. I think they are planning triple 400s as Kevin said. They did however find the deck and hatch molds - but they need a lot of tlc.
Attached Thumbnails Iconic Marine Group Announces Performance Group Initiative-img_0897.jpg   Iconic Marine Group Announces Performance Group Initiative-img_0916.jpg   Iconic Marine Group Announces Performance Group Initiative-img_0908.jpg  

Old 12-08-2017, 11:38 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 84 Likes on 31 Posts

I think it will make a good outboard boat. With trip 400's it should hit 100 mph. I have 1400 hp and get 115 so it should be close. The boat is light and should handle well.

Well since the cat (Donzi) is out of the bag. Here are a couple of ideas I have been knocking around if I ever got my hands on blank hull.
Attached Thumbnails Iconic Marine Group Announces Performance Group Initiative-38-sport-ob-lx.jpg   Iconic Marine Group Announces Performance Group Initiative-38-sport-ob-pr.jpg   Iconic Marine Group Announces Performance Group Initiative-38-sport-ob.png