New Memeber/Owner >

New Memeber/Owner

Notices

New Memeber/Owner

Old 11-30-2018, 08:18 PM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Thumbs up New Memeber/Owner

Hello Folks and I found your site while looking for information on my latest boat purchase. I grew up in MN and took what I consider a fairly big step up with this close next week purchase, I am buying a Donzi 22 ft classic with an injected 502 in it. OK I have owned some bigger outboards but this is my first I/O and frankly speaking it seems I have a lot to learn, concerning props, I/O gearing, shortened outdrives and that doesn't even start with engine mods, but thats getting way ahead of myself here. I will be able to tell you folks more when the deal is completed next week, but till then thanks much for allowing a person with a lot to learn onto your site
Thanks
Karl
Old 12-01-2018, 10:22 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

HI Karl, Glad to hear about your new purchase. I too have been on the hunt for a nice 22 Classic. Have not decided between going new or used. Excited to hear your experience.

What engine and drive are you starting with? Would like to hear about your progress and see photos.Best, Ed.
Old 12-01-2018, 12:40 PM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Good luck with the purchase, I will give you a little advice. Get to know the boat well before going and trying to run it hard. They handle a bit different then other boats. As well as when you think you have it down the boat will bite you and show you that you need more seat time
Old 12-01-2018, 03:44 PM
Registered

Haha, that is a true statement! All of the Classics seem, to me at least, to be a drivers boat. They take a bit of paying attention to things more so than in a bigger boat, but have a much more rewarding experience in my opinion. I bought a 16 Classic this summer and absolutely love it. By far the most fun out on the water, again, to me
Old 12-01-2018, 06:38 PM
Registered

Thanks much for the information guys and the more I read the more I see that very thing being mentioned? I have years of seat time with big outboards but very little with an I/O and absolutely ZERO in a boat like the Classic, so with that said please DO NOT BE SHY about any words of wisdom concerning how to handle a boat like this, remember I have never run a boat that even has trim tabs, so when I say I have a lot to learn, I am not kidding!
Any suggested reading material prior to running the boat? Its winter here in ND so I have LOTS of time to read for the next few months?

Any advice I am grateful for and its appreciated!
Thanks
karl
Old 12-06-2018, 06:15 PM
Registered

Hey Folks I just wanted to respond and let you guys know that I got the Donzi today!! Some of you folks are familiar with this boat because I have read comments from some of you concerning this boat. Its the 95 limited edition Black Hawk with the newly overhauled 502 with a blower in it. The boat looks to be in very nice condition, I talked to the machine shop that did the overhaul and he gave it a good thumbs up. The boat does NOT have the Black Hawk out drive though its got a Bravo 1, I am not sure if that is good or not? I have found a couple Black Hawk out drives for sale but have run across a few posts where people are saying parts and props are getting kind of scarce for them, Iike the concept of dual counter rotating props, I dont like the concept of broken gear sets and NO parts to fix it!! I will bo posting pics early next week so please be a little patient!

Thanks much
Karl
Old 12-10-2018, 07:08 PM
Registered

if boat is #6 I use to own boat sold to a guy in northern Wisconsin
changed drive to bravo after going thur 2 hawk drives also had 2 more back up drive that have been sold
boat was not user friendly with the hawk drive lost about 6 to 8 mph when I changed it but then my kids could u boat without worrying about them ejecting friends out of boat
Old 12-10-2018, 07:31 PM
Registered

Default Donzi hull #6

CIG20 great to hear from you and that interesting in the Black hawk drive, I have heard good and bad concerning them. The boat now has a Bravo 1 drive on it, hopefully I get the boat, having to depend on a broker to do my dealing is a first for me and rather frustrating to be honest CIG20!
thank you again for the info on the boat and I would sure like to think this deal is done tomorrow!! We shall see?
Karl
Old 12-10-2018, 07:38 PM
Registered

Received 607 Likes on 275 Posts

Blackhawk hull has rocker built in. I'm not sure how that affects handling with a bravo but it's something to think about.
Old 12-10-2018, 07:48 PM
Registered

thirdchildhood I dont mean to sound ignorant on this BUT I AM! Boats like this are completely new to me, my background is in the higher HP outboards I have never owned an I/O in my life, but trying real hard now! I dont mean to be a pain but could you explain to me what a rocker built into the hull means? Is this a good thing or not, I suppose depending on the application it could be either one? CIG20 owned hull #6 at one point and I think after finding the boat not handling well changed the outdrive away from the black Hawk drive. So back to the Rocker in the hull is this a good thing?
Karl

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.