new guy, my 89 Z25 in work project >

new guy, my 89 Z25 in work project

Notices

new guy, my 89 Z25 in work project

Old 06-22-2020, 01:42 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default new guy, my 89 Z25 in work project

Hello all, new to the forum wanted to post up my donzi i've had for a few years now. she is one of those never ending projects that always seem to take one step forward and two steps back...........yet i still love it. so my boat has been pretty much dead for last 3 years long story short it has the dreaded OMC dog clutch drive, and had a 1100 hour 460 in it. so shortly after it killed an out drive and i replaced it and she broke a piston. Bought marine stroker new off Ebay and it was a total scam long story short noting was as advertised, all no name Chinese parts, rings broke on install, valve springs not suited for a lawn mower, junk crank, improperly machined block, you name it, it died on the dyno a few times and i ended up having to start form scratch with a new block. anyway found real engine builder and a damn good boat mechanic and here we are 3 years later with the motor in the boat the out drive beefed up and working (for now) and my completely custom built full roller aluminum headed 532 BBF as absolutely tamed down and choked up as physically possible but running great. and now that the running gear is fully operational the past three years of sitting under a nasty old boat cover has really taken its told the interior so.....on to that project.

enjoy! hope the video's work one is the very first start i the boat the other is a side shot video at a high idle after about 5 min run time.....we were fighting the carb the whole time.