Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > Owners Forum > Donzi
Miami Vice 38 ZR  - New Owner >

Miami Vice 38 ZR - New Owner

Notices

Miami Vice 38 ZR - New Owner

Old 05-11-2023, 07:01 PM
  #1  
Registered
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Sep 2021
Location: Fort Mill, SC
Posts: 6
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Miami Vice 38 ZR - New Owner

Hi All,

I recently purchased the Black 38ZR used in the 2006 Miami Vice movie. I'm really proud to own a Donzi and I can't wait to get this boat into tip top shape. I've been doing a ton of work to the boat and I'll be posting lots of pics in the future. I am stumped on something though and I'm hoping someone can help me out. The boat was built with a pump-out head and still has the holding tank in the engine compartment. The previous owner removed the toilet so he could use the enclosed head for storage. I'd like to add the toilet back to make it easier to have overnights on the boat with young kids. Are there any other fellow ZR owners that can tell me which toilet to buy that would work with the system? I tried posting pics but the system won't allow it until I post 10 times. Sorry!

Last edited by EarlyriserX9; 05-11-2023 at 07:04 PM.
EarlyriserX9 is offline  
Old 05-11-2023, 08:32 PM
  #2  
Registered
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Location: Wisconsin
Posts: 1,972
Received 663 Likes on 285 Posts
Default

Congrats. The boats are starting to show their age/owners aren’t caring for them like they should, but they’re one of the best running v hulls out there. I’ve done a lot of updating to mine. One of the things I did was pull the toilet out and holding tank. So I have the exact toilet you need. Get your post count up so we can see pics
IGetWet is offline  
The following users liked this post:
EarlyriserX9 (05-11-2023)
Old 05-11-2023, 08:34 PM
  #3  
Registered
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Sep 2021
Location: Fort Mill, SC
Posts: 6
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default

Originally Posted by IGetWet
Congrats. The boats are starting to show their age/owners arenít caring for them like they should, but theyíre one of the best running v hulls out there. Iíve done a lot of updating to mine. One of the things I did was pull the toilet out and holding tank. So I have the exact toilet you need. Get your post count up so we can see pics
Yes Sir I saw your thread. VERY impressive!
EarlyriserX9 is offline  
The following users liked this post:
IGetWet (05-11-2023)
Old 05-11-2023, 08:36 PM
  #4  
Registered
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Sep 2021
Location: Fort Mill, SC
Posts: 6
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default

Originally Posted by IGetWet
Congrats. The boats are starting to show their age/owners arenít caring for them like they should, but theyíre one of the best running v hulls out there. Iíve done a lot of updating to mine. One of the things I did was pull the toilet out and holding tank. So I have the exact toilet you need. Get your post count up so we can see pics
Does it make sense to do away with the holding tank on mine and just buy a porta?
EarlyriserX9 is offline  
Old 05-11-2023, 08:43 PM
  #5  
Registered
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Location: Wisconsin
Posts: 1,972
Received 663 Likes on 285 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by EarlyriserX9
Does it make sense to do away with the holding tank on mine and just buy a porta?
It depends if you want the vacuflush head or if a porta potty will suffice for you. Some people have to have a vacuflush with pump out. My 6í4Ē ass could barely take a leak in the thing, we only really do day trips, and no man woman or child is sh!tting on my boat, so I said the hell with it. It does free up some good space for shoes and fenders etc.
IGetWet is offline  
Old 05-11-2023, 09:12 PM
  #6  
Registered
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Sep 2021
Location: Fort Mill, SC
Posts: 6
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default

Originally Posted by IGetWet
It depends if you want the vacuflush head or if a porta potty will suffice for you. Some people have to have a vacuflush with pump out. My 6í4Ē ass could barely take a leak in the thing, we only really do day trips, and no man woman or child is sh!tting on my boat, so I said the hell with it. It does free up some good space for shoes and fenders etc.
LOL!!! Same here. No ****ting on my boat either. We had a porta on our last boat and it came in handy on cold days for the wife. When we have overnights it will help so I donít have to worry about a kid falling off the back of the boat trying to wiz in the water. Want to sell your old one? Lol or could you shoot me picture of the sticker off it so I know what to order?
EarlyriserX9 is offline  
Old 05-12-2023, 07:58 AM
  #7  
Registered
 
Join Date: Oct 2000
Location: Lake Ozark, MO USA
Posts: 893
Received 319 Likes on 178 Posts
Default

Buy a Homer Bucket and put a strip of pipe insulation on the rim! Great roadside or on the water crapper.
Helmwurst is offline  
Old 05-12-2023, 08:29 AM
  #8  
Registered
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Location: Wisconsin
Posts: 1,972
Received 663 Likes on 285 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by EarlyriserX9
LOL!!! Same here. No ****ting on my boat either. We had a porta on our last boat and it came in handy on cold days for the wife. When we have overnights it will help so I donít have to worry about a kid falling off the back of the boat trying to wiz in the water. Want to sell your old one? Lol or could you shoot me picture of the sticker off it so I know what to order?
Iíd be happy to sell you mine. Boat Head
IGetWet is offline  

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On


Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell or Share My Personal Information -

Copyright © 2023 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.