Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > Owners Forum > Donzi
33 crossbow??? >

33 crossbow???

Notices

33 crossbow???

Old 12-01-2002, 09:28 AM
surfacetension

Default 33 crossbow???

In my search for a boat I keep seeing 33 cross bows , 1988 to be exact can anyone tell me something about these??? I heard there were problems with the stringers not being joined???? waht else should I be careful of??? also whats one worth for real

And why are all the ones for sale 88,s

Old 12-03-2002, 06:39 AM
Charter Member #37 /Moderator/Platinum Member
Charter Member

Received 8 Likes on 3 Posts

Surfacetension,I just sold my z-29 Donzi,The crossbows that I have seen have not had any problems with stringers or transom
issues. I think a realistic price is 35 to 40 thousand range.Good Luck in your hunt. I believe Bryan will be very helpful to you in your search also.

C. P. B. A. Carolina Power Boat Assoc
Old 12-03-2002, 06:43 AM
surfacetension

Thanks , Just my luck, a day late and a dollar short, the z 29 is perfect for me as I trailer everywhere, why did you sell?? I think those are the most classic big Donzi,s out there can you tell me what was the last year for the z 29??

Old 12-03-2002, 08:09 AM
Charter Member #37 /Moderator/Platinum Member
Charter Member

Received 8 Likes on 3 Posts

That boat was a three year project for me. If you subscribe to Hot Boat We were in the August issue of 2001 pg 85-86 a two page spread.If you are looking for a z-29 ,the biggest thing to stay away from are the 454 alpha setups. The boats were made in 1987 I believe that was the last year donzi was donzi .I believe they sold out in 1988 . We are going to move up to a bigger boat.We do alot over nighting and the z-29 was getting a little crapped for us and my 8yr old.Good luck in your search and let me know if I can be of any help.
David

C. P. B. A. Carolina Power Boat Assoc