Bravo trim indicator gauge not working >

Bravo trim indicator gauge not working

Notices

Bravo trim indicator gauge not working

Old 09-25-2007, 12:53 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Bravo trim indicator gauge not working

Two sets of wires coming in the hull off the drive. One set on each side. They are off the trim indicators on the drive. They arent connected to anything. I dont see any loose wires off the wiring harness above. How do these connect to the trim indicator on the dash. Boat is a '98 American Offshore 26 w/ gaffrig gauges. Guage is all wired up and wires running into harness going to back of boat. What connects to what?
Old 09-25-2007, 01:05 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

The wires coming in the back, one side is the limit switch the other is for the gauge. the limit switch is intended to hook to the trim pump wiring, if all four are disconnected two may be marked with blue. If the aren't marked you may have to ohm test them. The trim gauge may use the brown/white wire at the dash. There maybe be a spot on the motor near the 10 pin where a black and a brn/white connect to a plastic terminal. Blk to grd the wires from the transom would connect there. May be this helps if not reply with engine serial # and I may be able to be more specific.
Jim
Old 09-25-2007, 08:26 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks for the info, I will have to crawl back there and see what is going on. I know one set is cut and the other set has bullet connectors on them, one is female the other is male, I think. The motor is aftermarket so that wont help on the serial #'s. So the ten pin, is that a round connector, I think i know where that is at. I looked on the trim pump before to see if anything was unhooked and didnt see anything. Does this limit up and down, bc now when you trim down, you cant even tell by noise, when it reaches the bottom, like on most boats.
Old 09-25-2007, 09:19 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

The limit if it's hooked up will stop about half way up and the trailer button brings it up the rest. No effect on down. Confirm at gauge it is using brn/white if not than what. Find that color on the motor. Seems to me the bullet connectors are more likely for the limit. Not to distract you from your project but cable indicators work much better. If the sender is 9 years old I wouldn't expect it to work. You may end up installing a new one. Good luck.
Jim