Chris Cat,  #2 to TRS >

Chris Cat, #2 to TRS

Notices

Chris Cat, #2 to TRS

Old 10-22-2007, 10:46 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Chris Cat, #2 to TRS

I have seen the debate below but this link is for Cat specific.Has anyone with a Chris Cat gone from #2 drives to TRS. Since the TRS is shorter it would raise the X dimension. Would you loose stability or blow out on turns or coming on plane, or would you just go faster? If you went to a Konrad it would raise it even more.
Old 10-22-2007, 10:52 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

The trs won't hold up in a surfacing situation plus it isn't dependable over much over 400 hp. Its aspect ratio is good to about 90 mph. Another short coming would be its short skeg.
Jim
Old 10-23-2007, 05:58 AM
Registered

Received 31 Likes on 24 Posts

Originally Posted by Andy
I have seen the debate below but this link is for Cat specific.Has anyone with a Chris Cat gone from #2 drives to TRS. Since the TRS is shorter it would raise the X dimension. Would you loose stability or blow out on turns or coming on plane, or would you just go faster? If you went to a Konrad it would raise it even more.

If you swapped out the SSMII to the TRS, the propshaft height would be raised about 2", probably too high for your application. I'd be surprised if it even got on plane.

Since the Konrad is 1.7" shorter than a TRS, we fit the Konrad with a spacer when swapping out a SSMII.

I've been involved on a few Chris Cat/SSMII projects and the ones I've seen have the propshaft about even with the bottom of the hull. Since the TRS has a much smaller blade diameter than the SSMII, you'll have to go deeper.

Hope this helps,

[email protected]
Old 10-23-2007, 08:41 AM
Registered

The II is designed to run semi surface piercing, which means it's already very hgh.
The TRS is a couple inches shorter. It wont even get on plane if you swapped them.
Old 10-23-2007, 09:04 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 74 Likes on 47 Posts

I have 2inch spacers for the trs if you want to get the drives the same depth as the #2's. Tom
Old 10-23-2007, 09:06 AM
Registered

This is the reason I love the OSO sight. I would of spent $$$ and hrs of waisted time trying to get the TRS set up to work. Thanx guys for the imput, now I'm on a search for complete #2 drives, trannys and the rest of the parts required.
Old 10-23-2007, 09:46 AM
Registered

Good luck, SSM IIs and parts for them are virtually non-existant. If you need all that stuff, just switch to bravos, SSM IIIa or SSM Vs.
Gary

Originally Posted by Andy
This is the reason I love the OSO sight. I would of spent $$$ and hrs of waisted time trying to get the TRS set up to work. Thanx guys for the imput, now I'm on a search for complete #2 drives, trannys and the rest of the parts required.
Old 10-23-2007, 10:05 AM
Registered

Won't I have the same problem if I go to Bravos. I am also thinking about #3's if I can find a couple of complete set ups.
Old 10-23-2007, 10:15 AM
Registered

If you've currently got a boat set up for SSM IIs, your only option is to glass and recut the transom for a bravo or SSM III or SSM V drive.
You may be able to find SSM IIs, but for about the same money you could change to a non-obsolete drive that would give the boat MUCH better resale value.
I'm not sure if you could space a Konrad far enough down to work with the existing gimbal location.
Old 10-23-2007, 10:20 AM
Registered
Platinum Member

If you are going to glass and re cut the transom.

How would the Bravo arneson kit work. Bet that cat would fly.

If not just go with Bravo's. Re cut the transom to fit them or use the stand off box conversion kit.

Quick Reply: Chris Cat, #2 to TRS

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.