drive spacer question >

drive spacer question

Notices

drive spacer question

Old 02-04-2008, 08:50 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default drive spacer question

What parts do I need to change an IMCO -2" drive back to standard height? Do I just need the parts shown in the photo or do I also need a longer coupler? Is there any reason not to buy a used spacer if I can find one?
Thanks,
Dan
Attached Images  
Old 02-04-2008, 09:24 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by p729lws
What parts do I need to change an IMCO -2" drive back to standard height? Do I just need the parts shown in the photo or do I also need a longer coupler? Is there any reason not to buy a used spacer if I can find one?
Thanks,
Dan

you will need a longer coupler, they are proportionate to the lenght of the spacer you buy, should come with it.

Bryan
Old 02-05-2008, 08:57 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by Bryan Rose
you will need a longer coupler, they are proportionate to the lenght of the spacer you buy, should come with it.

Bryan

Thanks Bryan.
Old 02-05-2008, 08:52 PM
Charter Member #601
Charter Member

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Dan,
That looks like the picture from the IMCO catalog. I think the part above the single bolt is the coupler?? Not sure. But when you buy a spacer, it should come with it.
If the used one is not coroded or had 1000hp run thru it.. I would say buy it used if you can find one. Sometimes people buy them to try it out.. then sell them. So it would not have had much of a chance to be abused..

Dick

Last edited by Mr Gadgets; 02-05-2008 at 08:58 PM.
Old 02-06-2008, 06:31 PM
Registered

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Dan - just curious - any whore stories as to why you are going back to std length?
Old 02-06-2008, 11:50 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by Scarab28
Dan - just curious - any whore stories as to why you are going back to std length?
No "whore" stories here

I have the shorty on an '86 22' Donzi Classic and it works great. I'm thinking about selling the Donzi and using the drive on a 28 Pantera that I have. I hear the 28 Pantera's run best w/ the stock drive height. I have not had any issues w/ the IMCO drive and it picked up a few MPH on the Donzi.

Dan
Old 02-08-2008, 03:59 PM
Registered

No "whore" stories here

I have the shorty on an '86 22' Donzi Classic and it works great. I'm thinking about selling the Donzi and using the drive on a 28 Pantera that I have. I hear the 28 Pantera's run best w/ the stock drive height. I have not had any issues w/ the IMCO drive and it picked up a few MPH on the Donzi.

Dan
Hey Dan,

What do you mean by that the 28 Panteras run best with stock drive height?

I guess you can say the pleasure version 28s do have "stock" drive heights but the race-versions seem to have very custom heights.
Old 02-11-2008, 03:10 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by tomas_wallin
Hey Dan,

What do you mean by that the 28 Panteras run best with stock drive height?

I guess you can say the pleasure version 28s do have "stock" drive heights but the race-versions seem to have very custom heights.
I not sure how the x-dimension changes from the "competition" and sport versions of the 28. I don't hear stories of improved performance or handling from drive height changes so I guess I'm saying the factory does a good job w/ the x-dimension. I'm sure others know more than I do concerning this.

Dan
Old 02-11-2008, 03:26 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Thanks,
Dan
Forgot to mention the studs will be the corresponding lenght to the amount of spacer.....each spacer wether it is 1/2 inch or 3/4 inch or 1 inch etc....will have studs that match the length of the spacer...mke sense?
Bryan
Old 02-11-2008, 03:57 PM
Offshoreonly Advertiser
Offshoreonly Advertiser

Received 155 Likes on 85 Posts

Spacer will lower the prop shaft/gearcase for sure, but it is not the same as a full length drive. Depending on the hull you might start dragging the cavitation plate.

Quick Reply: drive spacer question

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.