Sloppy new Bravo Xs

Notices

Sloppy new Bravo Xs

Old 02-28-2008, 05:47 AM
Charter Member #927
Charter Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Sloppy new Bravo Xs

I had to replace both drives last summer due to an underwater obsticle. It was all covered by the insurance, so I really was only out the boating time. The place Ibought my drives from suggested I have them taken apart and check all the clearances. Seems Merc makes them so fast that it's cheeper for them to fix warrenty problems the to make sure they are correct when they leave the factory. It would've been more of a delay since both the seller and my mechanic were very busy. So they said Iwould be best putting a few hours on them then after the season have them checked.
I got maybe 10 hours on them the rest of the season. I Just picked them up from my mechanic. 1 drive was close to specs he added 1 small shim. The other was terrible. The back lash was way off and one gear set was .005 beyond specs. The mechanic said he never dreamed it would be that bad. Everything looked perfect, no wear or anything, but I bet it never would've the whole summer. Probubly just past the warrenty and that's all.
I just wanted to let you guys know to check those new drives out!!