Notices

XR Parts

Old 07-09-2008, 04:46 PM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default XR Parts

Hey guys I have an XR OW240 series drive that I just blew the upper apart.I have a couple of questions I need answered before I go and order parts.

1) I have an Imco 1-1/4" prop shaft with the red anodized bearing carrier.Is the prop bearing the same for this shaft and the mercruiser?And if not anyone know the proper part number to order from Imco?

2)The large pinion bearing on the input shaft on the upper has a steped race.Does anyone know where to get just the race?I know merc. offers it with the complete pinon bearing assembly but I need just the steped race.I have the part number if this will help locate one.

3)The shims that set the preload on the down shaft,do they go under the tab washer or on top on the tab washer.Book is not clear at all.

4) Here is a really stupid one.How come nobody make cheaper aftermarket gears for these drives yet.I cant believe what merc. gets for these things.

5) I was thinking of having the gears cryno treated while the drive is apart.Would the tratment be worth the money on a 600 hp motor?

Thanks Nordic95
Old 07-09-2008, 07:57 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

1. the bearing is different just call imco.
2. you can't buy just that one piece.
why do you only need that?
3. i always put the shims at top of the washer it does not make a differance.
4.?
5.with that kind of power i would not worry i would just service the drive anually