Notices

X Power outdrive

Old 08-01-2010, 09:19 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I like the way the SCX looks too...But I wish it had better cooling.
Old 08-01-2010, 10:09 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Back4More
Whats wrong with the additional water cooling this drive has now?

UD
Old 08-01-2010, 10:43 PM
Chris
Gold Member

Originally Posted by Back4More
I don't understand this statement... The SCX has both an internal oil cooler, and a built in drive shower. I have yet to see it get hot, and IMCO has yet to see a broken set of gears.

Chris
Old 08-02-2010, 12:21 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by CB-BLR
I don't understand this statement... The SCX has both an internal oil cooler, and a built in drive shower. I have yet to see it get hot, and IMCO has yet to see a broken set of gears.

Chris
Chris I agree but would like to hear more from Back4more. First is he running it on his boat and the type of power and gear ratio, drive lower etc...

I would like to hear how many 100MPH plus runs he has made on this drive and how hot he made the drive. What type of volume in expansion of the drive oil has he seen and what speeds he is hitting with his platform.

FYI...I did not use the drive shower initially that is built in I simply let the water go through the plug and never got it that hot. Why! the volume of oil in the drive is immense. I now use the integrated shower and notice a big difference in the bottle.

KAP
Old 08-02-2010, 01:47 PM
Registered

FYI...I did not use the drive shower initially that is built in I simply let the water go through the plug and never got it that hot. Why! the volume of oil in the drive is immense. I now use the integrated shower and notice a big difference in the bottle.

KAP[/QUOTE]

Could you please expand on this?
Thanks
Old 08-02-2010, 01:50 PM
Chris
Gold Member

I believe what KAP is saying, is that he mistakenly had the plug screwed into the front fitting on his SC lower. This plug is only supposed to be used when bolting a SC lower to a Bravo upper because in a Bravo upper, this spot is used for the speedo pickup. In a SC upper or SCX upper, this plug is removed, because this is where the integrated drive shower gets its water from.

Chris

Last edited by CB-BLR; 08-02-2010 at 04:29 PM.
Old 08-02-2010, 02:18 PM
Registered

Chris nicely done----you got the setup right.

Exactly and I also do not draw water from my drive for the engine. On the Max Machine Works drive I used the water from the lower to dump directly on the top cap as I tapped the side of the case on the upper.

I have a through hull water pickup for my raw water pump and intercooler one pick on each sponson.

KAP

P.S. DonRoc is that your boat in your avatar? What do you have in it and how do you like that 29 I know those Kryptonite v-bottoms are very fast and stable.

Last edited by kap328; 08-02-2010 at 02:20 PM.
Old 08-02-2010, 02:35 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by kap328
Chris nicely done----you got the setup right.

Exactly and I also do not draw water from my drive for the engine. On the Max Machine Works drive I used the water from the lower to dump directly on the top cap as I tapped the side of the case on the upper.

I have a through hull water pickup for my raw water pump and intercooler one pick on each sponson.

KAP

P.S. DonRoc is that your boat in your avatar? What do you have in it and how do you like that 29 I know those Kryptonite v-bottoms are very fast and stable.

Ok im on board now, lol

Yep that's my Kryptonite. I have a Procharged (M5) 572, Accel DFI in it. well its out now. I have the piston tops getting ceramic coated. And a different cam on order. The quest for perfection will have it dialed sometime in December... not really. I may sell the hull with a 534 I have. I have a deal going on a 27 Daytona... You know never fast enough. Once the Daytona is set up then a twin... Never stops, the money hungry need for speed.. I think I mentioned in another forum. I'm on drugs and must be addicted because it doesn't even feel good anymore.
Old 08-02-2010, 04:33 PM
Chris
Gold Member

KAP,

That is the same way we do in on the Magic. One thru hull pickup on each sponson... one to the motor, one to the innercooler. The plug on the front of the SC lower is removed so the drive shower is working, and we dump the water coming from the drive... with a thru-hull fitting...angled .. back on top of the drive.

Chris
Old 08-02-2010, 10:19 PM
Registered

I also have a separate pickup for the intercooler, and trim the pickup for the desired pressure at speed.
On the engine pickup I use the merc relief valve. I have had issues with the lavorsi brass valve that screws into the strainer. They fall apart and then suck air from the bypass hose.

Quick Reply: X Power outdrive

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.