Notices

KAAMA Drive Boots

Old 03-03-2009, 04:13 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

bck

I have ordered boots in the past from Archer and they were perfectly straight and as I remember a little short longitudinally. I had to heat the boot with a hair dryer and manually bend the drive to get it to fit. I would securely clamp the transom side, then heat and rotate the drive side as needed to stretch the boot to fit. I remember calling Archer and they said they are made that way to fit tight as they eventually stretch, then pinch. I still have the drives, trannys, etc. from a 1986 formula 357 in my garage. Can't figure out how to sell them. I have listed in OSO classifieds in the past with a few calls but no bites. Is there any place out there to get rid of these. I would like to sell drives/trannys/bell housings/steering/ etc as a package. Also, does any know what the package would be worth?
Old 03-05-2009, 03:25 AM
bck
Charter Member#568
Charter Member

Received 16 Likes on 14 Posts

I believe this site would be the best place to sell them or possibly ebay. Because they are getting steadily harder to get parts for I doubt you will get many people interested in buying them to use. Most of the interest would probably be from people like me and others on this thread who would want them for spares. I don't really know what they are worth. How much were you asking at the time?

Last edited by bck; 03-05-2009 at 03:37 AM.
Old 03-05-2009, 03:48 AM
bck
Charter Member#568
Charter Member

OK- I can have boots made. The mold would be made from an existing boot. I guess to keep things simple I would pay for the mold. Someone needs to contribute a new boot or I can have it done using my old boot. Maybe an old boot would be best, then the new boot molded from it would already be stretched and fit like an old shoe. Any thoughts on using new verses old ? Anyone even have a new one they would offer ? I also have another lead on NOS boots I am following up on. Someone else mentioned before they could have them made and more recently someone said they found the original company and would talk with them. Any updates ? I don't want to start into this if someone else is already a step ahead.

Last edited by bck; 03-05-2009 at 03:54 AM.
Old 03-05-2009, 09:24 AM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by bck
OK- I can have boots made. The mold would be made from an existing boot. I guess to keep things simple I would pay for the mold. Someone needs to contribute a new boot or I can have it done using my old boot. Maybe an old boot would be best, then the new boot molded from it would already be stretched and fit like an old shoe. Any thoughts on using new verses old ? Anyone even have a new one they would offer ? I also have another lead on NOS boots I am following up on. Someone else mentioned before they could have them made and more recently someone said they found the original company and would talk with them. Any updates ? I don't want to start into this if someone else is already a step ahead.
i have one that has a tear that can be patched i will offer up to use as a mold if you need. if you want a pic i can take one and post it to see if will work!
Old 03-05-2009, 09:51 AM
bck
Charter Member#568
Charter Member

Is yours all stretched out from use. What are your thoughts on using new vs used for the mold ?
Old 03-05-2009, 10:42 AM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by bck
Is yours all stretched out from use. What are your thoughts on using new vs used for the mold ?
I do not think it would matter on way or another as long as it worked i will get a pic up for ya!
Attached Thumbnails KAAMA Drive Boots-edge-009.jpg   KAAMA Drive Boots-edge-010.jpg   KAAMA Drive Boots-edge-011.jpg  

Last edited by Car Biz; 03-05-2009 at 12:42 PM.
Old 03-07-2009, 09:00 AM
Registered

Received 23 Likes on 5 Posts

I have contacted the company that acquired the assets of the Kaama boot OEM manufaturer They will look for the mold, and get back to me with a price. When I hear from them, I will post the info on this forum.
Old 03-12-2009, 03:48 AM
bck
Charter Member#568
Charter Member

I'll hold off a little bit and see what happens with the originals you are trying to get.
Old 03-12-2009, 08:17 AM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Bellows

I'm A Rep For Gortite Mfg Out Of Detroit.
Gortite Can Make You A Bellows Cover For Your Drive. Everything They Make Is A One Off Custom Cover At A Very Reasonable Price. You Can Check Out Their Web Sight At Gortite.com
Make Sure You Put In All Of Your Contact Info, They Will Want To Talk To You.
Old 03-12-2009, 10:41 AM
Registered

Received 23 Likes on 5 Posts

I just talked to the company. They are still looking for the mold. Hopefully, I will hear back from them today.

Quick Reply: KAAMA Drive Boots

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.