Need Bravo 1 drive help ASAP! >

Need Bravo 1 drive help ASAP!

Notices

Need Bravo 1 drive help ASAP!

Old 04-22-2009, 09:50 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Need Bravo 1 drive help ASAP!

I took my boat out and docked it at the local marina, replaced my bunks and brought her back, when we pulled her out and reached the top of the ramp I hopped out put on the tow straps and noticed that my drive was only halfway up. I tried unsuccessfully on several occasions both on land and putting her back in water, the drive will on go half-way up and is just stops. The drive pump just quits like there is a kill switch, it works perfectly up to that point. I had to leave the boat at the dock parking lot, I cannot get it up the slightest hill and there are several.

1) Is there a way to release the drive and then lock-it in the up posistion?

2) WTF is going on?

thanx
Old 04-22-2009, 10:25 PM
Registered

You should have 2 switches. A trim switch and a trailer switch. The trim switch will raise it half way and the trailer switch will raise it all the way up. I'm assumming you know this. You could also have a bad/leaking hydraulic hose. Check you hydraulic level. If level is low empty fill it up and raise the outdrive. It could also be a bad trim switch or trim switch on the outdrive.
Old 04-22-2009, 10:38 PM
Registered

It was a bad fuse, as soon as I swapped it out, it the trailer switch worked.

thanx