Help setting trim limiter on bravo I >

Help setting trim limiter on bravo I

Notices

Help setting trim limiter on bravo I

Old 09-06-2009, 03:13 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Help setting trim limiter on bravo I

I have a bravo one outdrive and thought my trim sensor gauge was not working right. The boat is new to me and I found the trim limiter was set to only allow the boat to go from all the way down to approximately 1/4 up per the trim gauge. I can use the trailer button to raise the outdrive all the way up to 3/4 per the gauge and then it stops. The gauge appears to be adjusted right because when I lower the outdrive all the way down it stops right when the needle bottoms out. My question is how high should I let the limiter allow the outdrive to go up? If I max the limiter it will allow the outdrive to go up to 1/2 and then I can use the trailer button to go to 3/4 where it stops. What's strange is although I can't get it to go all the way to the top, per the gauge, it does appear to be right on when I lower it all the way down, the needle stops at the bottom mark right when the outdrive is all the way down. I don't know what angle is unsafe for binding and wearing out the u-joints when pulling up to shore and I don't want to raise the outdrive too high and break anything. So what is a safe operating angle for the outdrive? Can someone measure the rams on the outdrive from fully down to fully up (with the trim button not trailer) so I can measure mine to make sure I'm not allowing it to raise up too high when it's running? I'm thinking from there I can then set try and experiment with the gauge to line it up with the physical settings? Also should the standard trim button go from fully down to fully up on the gauge and then the trailer goes up more yet?
Old 09-06-2009, 03:27 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Nevermind, for anyone interested it's 21 3/4 from nut to nut on the pistons on a bravo I