Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Biggus
Nice job on the drive stands Roger!
Thank you Kurt!
Old 02-08-2010, 02:19 PM
Registered

Received 103 Likes on 75 Posts

Yea that is what I was told, the crescent shapes are 3A's so are theses modified? I was also told that both drives came with either a 7 or 4 inch prop shaft, is that true? How much are props for these drives?
Old 02-08-2010, 10:04 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

It's my understanding that the later model "3s" have the crescent as well. Only the early ones were straight.
Old 02-09-2010, 02:12 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

If you want 3-blade props in the 26" pitch range, they can be had for around $5-600 each. Scott at Speed n Custom marine has a set of 19 spline he took in trade from me, plus others. Before I upgraded to V's I shopped around and found 17.5 x 31 3 blades for I think $900-1100 each at either Doller, or Cobra Power. You can also get a set of adapters that will let you run 26 spline props from V's and VI's from Rik at Arneson. That's what I did, because when I bought my new 4-blade props, I was still planning in running the III's unt they blew, but knew that party wasn't going to last long behind what was going to be 850 hp. Now I just decided to build 1000 hp, because it really doesn't cost much more, and my drives will live.

So, if you are looking to run 700 hp or less, just get an old set of three-bladers with 19 splines and save money. The deep drive will work better anyway, and be quite reliable. If bigger power is in your future, pick a 4-blade prop and spline adapters that you can turn at 5000 rpm now, and faster later, realizing that the 4 blade will not encourage longevity in the III.

FYI, you will be very hard pressed to find a matched pair of 4-blade 19 spline props. Some singles here and there.

Last edited by tcelano; 02-10-2010 at 11:37 AM. Reason: Something got pasted in