Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > Technical > Drives and Lower Units
nose cone on bravo low water pick up?? >

nose cone on bravo low water pick up??

Notices

nose cone on bravo low water pick up??

Old 03-06-2010, 05:32 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default nose cone on bravo low water pick up??

I have one bravo with side water pick-up and one with the bottom wtr pick up. I'm going to put on nose cones. On the bottom pick up unit they say there is a hose to hook up and you have to drill/machine the lower to accept the hose WTH does that mean. Am I going to have to drop the lower and disasseble to do this. Or can it be done on te boat.
Anyone know what they are talking about, is it a bog deal??????
Old 03-07-2010, 05:56 PM
Charter Member #601
Charter Member

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Silent,

What nose cone are you planning on using and do you want to use just the side pickup style on both drives or do you want to use low water pickup?
If you want to use side water pickup, you can drill the side holes I have a pic with lay description to show the proper position.
If you want low water pickup on the drive with only side pickup.. then a hose will be needed to capture the water between the front of the drive and the cone when it is glued on.
On the DWP and LWP lowers the front of the bullet is blocked off from the water passages.. On the SWP it is not and you would need to add a hose. I would suspect the cone manufacture would supply info on how to do it. It could be done on the boat, I would think.. but have never done it.
If you would like to see the pics for alignment of the side holes let me know I can post it..

Hope that helps.
Dick