Trim on throttle and dash not working without trailer button

Notices

Trim on throttle and dash not working without trailer button

Old 06-02-2010, 01:18 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 866 Likes on 325 Posts

Originally Posted by Irishtornado
I found the wire for the trim limit switch wires they are there I can't seem to find the wires on the engine/helm side. I'm sure on my 496's they where in the wiring harness for the boat, but I may be incorrect on this.
No, you are right. I just zip tied mine.

Cant you splice the limit switches into the system and run the wires from the limit switch directly to the trim pump "up" wires? You dont have a choice with the HO's harness gone.

You should have kept the Mag HO's! Not!
Old 06-02-2010, 11:44 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Well figured out that the wires I thought I needed hooked up I didn't they are for the trim senders which I have mechanical indicators so they aren't used.

Still have a issue with not being able to trim up drives without using "trailer button" I can't believe both trim limit switches went bad together. I'm guessing I knocked something loose while doing the mods this winter and it's causing a issue. Only thing I can think is when I was pulling the cables for the trim indicators to get them longer for the boxes I pulled on a wire and pulled it loose?
Old 06-04-2010, 09:54 AM
Registered

Finally figured out why it's not working although I don't know how to fix it.

Apparently Mercury puts the transom harness in with a Medusa of harnesses then it all goes into the main haness. I just can't figure out where I need to hook in the purple wire from that harness to over ride the trim limit switch. It lights up the test light when trimming up but the circuit isn't completed so no trim. Someone has to have ran into this repowering.

HELP!!!!!
Old 06-06-2010, 10:03 PM
Registered

Anyone know what wires in the "Transom Harness" I need to jumper to make this trim work? I have power in the light blue/white wire in the harness when I push the trim UP switch on throttle.
Old 06-11-2010, 07:23 PM
Registered

Figured out which wires in the transom harness to make it work without trim limit. (blue/white and green/white) jumper