bravo 1 making noise, will i damage by running >

bravo 1 making noise, will i damage by running

Notices

bravo 1 making noise, will i damage by running

Old 08-13-2010, 07:44 PM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default bravo 1 making noise, will i damage by running

Just got out on a weekend vacation and my starboard drive is making some noise. Thought I heard/felt something last time out, def. Something there now. I want to run this weekend, since we are here already, will I cause more damage or can I get by? Help
Old 08-13-2010, 08:42 PM
RIPSTA Racing Team
VIP Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I think you already know the answer to this question. The real question is do you want to buy a new housing or just rebuild the inners? When it goes, which it will, unless it fixes itself, it could take the housing with it. Especaly if it's only a B1 and not an XR. Everyone running B1's should carry a spare with them at all times. Maybe you could idle around and it might survive the weekend but where's the fun? Sorry, I feel your pain, just trashed one of my Imco's last week.
Old 08-13-2010, 09:14 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

B1's are a plenty! My rule of thumb... if I break one I'll just buy one or a pair from classifieds and be back on the water in a few days! If it's a lower it won't eat the upper but if it's an upper it will eat the lower! That said... go have fun! My buddy has a rack of B1's if ya need anything...
Old 08-14-2010, 01:16 AM
Charter Member # 55
Charter Member

Received 1,821 Likes on 907 Posts

Originally Posted by POWERPLAY J
B1's are a plenty! My rule of thumb... if I break one I'll just buy one or a pair from classifieds and be back on the water in a few days! If it's a lower it won't eat the upper but if it's an upper it will eat the lower! That said... go have fun! My buddy has a rack of B1's if ya need anything...
I agree with the first part. A lot of times it is less expensive to just buy a complete low hour used Bravo 1 drive than to fix a broken one.

I have completely disitegrated an upper and the lower was perfectly fine.
Old 08-14-2010, 08:09 AM
Registered

Thanks, starting to think its been going on for a while, will take it easy and check it out this week.
Old 08-14-2010, 08:20 AM
Charter Member #601
Charter Member

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Best thing would be to check the magnets for metal flakes or chunks. If any, then it is on a self destruct path.
Depending on power, a properly setup B1 can live, driven with respect. Sometimes longer than an XR. Net forged gears wear out.. The machined helical gears will last as much as 600-900hrs if they are not over powered.

Dick
Old 08-14-2010, 08:29 AM
Registered

Could it just be a ujoint or similar, some noise seems to be between engine and drive, and I'm getting some vibration
Old 08-14-2010, 08:54 AM
Banned

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Could be u-joint or gimbal bearing
Old 08-14-2010, 02:20 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Might just need a shot of grease
Old 08-14-2010, 04:36 PM
Registered

Ran most of the day, doesn't seem to be getting worse, disappears somtimes, but I can only hear it when idling with silent choice on so hard to tell. May sound stupid but where do you grease bravo1's? I know I didn't do it since I got the boat this winter, didn't know about it.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.