Bravo 1 will not go into gear >

Bravo 1 will not go into gear

Notices

Bravo 1 will not go into gear

Old 05-18-2014, 10:07 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Vinny P
I had a simliar situation happen to me this weekend. I am runnning an SCX upper with an SC lower. I keep my boat in a high and dry marina, so it gets forklifted in and out of the water every time I use it. I dont let the dock hands manuever the boat from or to the forklift. This Sunday, while backing it onto the truck, I needed to slow down my reversing, so I pushed the shifter into forward. I may have left it in forward a second too long and needed to back up a bit. I pulled the shifter into reverse and nothing happened. In that instance, I thought that maybe the wind or current had me drifting forward, so I tapped the throttle, expecting it to go in reverse. To my surprise, it took off forward. I shut the engine down, called out for help. Luckily, there were a few guys on the dock, directly across from me, to catch me before I drifted into the docked boats. I jumped over the windshield, but didnt have enough time to get to the bow to stop myself . Lucky for me, guys were there to stop me.
The end result was that the ball at the end of the shift cable, popped out of the jaw of the drive. It was a simple fix. All I had to do was reattach the cable to the drive, but this time I safety wired the jaws shut. I will never again, put on another Bravo drive without wiring that jaw shut.
Vinny, how ya safety wire the jaws shut? mine seems unable to lock cable in place?
Old 05-19-2014, 05:02 AM
Registered

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

first off you lost drive at idle by putting it in neutral. not by blowing a drive or hitting something at speed. stop freaking out about the worst case scenario. I am not a bravo guy-yet, but I think you can pull rear or top cap and watch it shift?