Bravo to Arneson Conversions >

Bravo to Arneson Conversions

Notices

Bravo to Arneson Conversions

Old 11-09-2010, 10:50 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by HTRDLNCN
I guess it depends on dollars to return.
How much money to make enough extra horsepower to get an extra 10mph on a 70+ mph 35-45ft boat and how long would the bravos last after adding that much power and how much to beef up bravos to handle that extra power?
Id say when all is said and done you would probably pretty close to the same amount either way.
That would not be a fair way to price things. It should be based on cost/profit. The drives are so expensive, that only the very wealthy can afford them. If they were prices so that the middle class could afford them, they would be on a lot more boats. If someone with a good powerboat was going to update their drives, they would most likely choose Arneson over bravo if they were priced competitively. There are a lot more middle class people than the upper class. If Arneson could increase their sales by 1000%, I wonder if it would be more profitable for them. I have been boating for 30 years, and I have not seen one boat with an Arneson drive at the lake we go to, and it's the largest lake in Texas. Nevertheless, I don't know, it may cost $20,000 to make the things. I just wish I could have some ASD7Ms. I do not like my bravos.
Old 11-09-2010, 11:16 AM
Rik
arneson-industries.com
Offshoreonly Advertiser

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by UrbanDisturbance
That would not be a fair way to price things. It should be based on cost/profit. The drives are so expensive, that only the very wealthy can afford them. If they were prices so that the middle class could afford them, they would be on a lot more boats. If someone with a good powerboat was going to update their drives, they would most likely choose Arneson over bravo if they were priced competitively. There are a lot more middle class people than the upper class. If Arneson could increase their sales by 1000%, I wonder if it would be more profitable for them. I have been boating for 30 years, and I have not seen one boat with an Arneson drive at the lake we go to, and it's the largest lake in Texas. Nevertheless, I don't know, it may cost $20,000 to make the things. I just wish I could have some ASD7Ms. I do not like my bravos.
I'm sorry, but we are less expensive than the Alternatives such as the new IMCO's and others.

Price the Arnesons in relation to what one is getting, which is a complete drive kit. Take a boat with no Bravos and then build from that point and you will spend more $$ on the Bravo or Bravo derivative than you will on the Arnesons. Add in the external steering, the standoff box, the upgrades and all to "supposedly handle the power" and factor in the warranty and you are spending a lot more $$ So the middle class is being screw'd into thinking that the Bravo's are less expensive.
Old 11-09-2010, 11:39 AM
Registered

Received 105 Likes on 62 Posts

Is 55k a reasonable assumption all said and done Rik ?
Old 11-09-2010, 11:48 AM
Registered

Default arneson

Rik do you have any one you can recomend in the northeast to do an conversion install?
Old 11-09-2010, 12:05 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by Rik
I'm sorry, but we are less expensive than the Alternatives such as the new IMCO's and others.

Price the Arnesons in relation to what one is getting, which is a complete drive kit. Take a boat with no Bravos and then build from that point and you will spend more $$ on the Bravo or Bravo derivative than you will on the Arnesons. Add in the external steering, the standoff box, the upgrades and all to "supposedly handle the power" and factor in the warranty and you are spending a lot more $$ So the middle class is being screw'd into thinking that the Bravo's are less expensive.
Sorry, I didn't think of all the extra stuff, just the drive itself. I was comparing to an upgrade from a bravo 1 to a bravo XR. My BAD!
Old 11-09-2010, 06:00 PM
Rik
arneson-industries.com
Offshoreonly Advertiser

Originally Posted by kreed
Is 55k a reasonable assumption all said and done Rik ?
Based upon "List Prices" and adding in $5K for the installation (Kolor Kraft in Syracuse NY charges $5K to take your Bravo boat and deliver it back with the Arnesons installed) your at $51K provided you paid list prices to start with.
lonestar382 (08-05-2023)
Old 11-09-2010, 06:02 PM
Rik
arneson-industries.com
Offshoreonly Advertiser

Originally Posted by soggy bottom
Rik do you have any one you can recomend in the northeast to do an conversion install?
North East... Syracuse NY... Kolor Kraft They have done about 10 boats. Charge $5K to do the job 315-437-4755
Old 11-09-2010, 08:07 PM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 569 Likes on 262 Posts

I have PAID for 1 with all my XR repairs since I goy my GUN!
Go figure.
Hind site SUCKS
Old 11-09-2010, 08:30 PM
Registered

Received 260 Likes on 92 Posts

Rik. I feel for you. People ask you so many questions!!! Not just on this thread but all over. Obviously your arneson drives work. You have been in business forever. There is almost No negative post online about your product. Lots of boats run your drives but they dont seem to chime in that often to say how much they love them. My thoughts are they are actually on the water enjoying their boats! ALL "bravo" style guys are online complaining we broke or we are driving so cautious because we know we will break. If you pay attention in life there always are more negative comments about "everything" then positive. How often do you think mcdonalds call center gets a "thank you, my food was great along with my service!". LOL! Rik I promise you that when we do my conversion from these junk broke IMCO SC (with every HD upgrade made!) to the bravo arneson conversion I will post all my great results! I look forward to this spring. Since we will be spending so much time on lake michigan boating instead of parked in the garage, I will bring my air card and laptop along so I can post my results!
Old 11-09-2010, 08:38 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

I'd just like to see some real conversions examples; the performance numbers and the time to get'em dialed in. Tough to make the plunge into the unknown.

BTW how does the weight compare to the Bravo XR / ITS?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.